CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Health Issues/Feeding Problems
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Health Issues/Feeding Problems Anything related to general or specific health problems. Issues having to do with feeding problems or tips.

do i feed or not?

Old 12-14-2007, 04:24 AM   #1
amyloveys
do i feed or not?

i fed my baby corn snake on sunday and by the feeding plan i should be feeding again tonight but he hasnt pooed yet! surely this means he hasnt digested it yet so i shouldn feed him?

Old 12-14-2007, 05:15 AM   #2
Nanci
I would feed. Do you have him on aspen and you just missed the poo because it's so tiny? I'm just not a poo counter myself, especially in hatchlings.

Old 12-14-2007, 05:18 AM   #3
diamondlil
On the closer feeding schedules for hatchlings, it's not that unusual to find no poop, plus they use most of the pinky and pass very little waste. If there's no sign of an obvious feeding lump, I'd feed, personally.The action of having more food entering the digestive tract should stimulate the other end of the pipes to clear fairly soon!

Old 12-14-2007, 05:23 AM   #4
amyloveys
thanks! he is on beech chips.
i find all the conflicting advice so confusing! half the people are saying 7 and half 5 to be honest i think ill go with five for now as it makes more sense, being little and eating more often just like my toddler actually!

Old 12-14-2007, 07:25 AM   #5
Mr.AJ
Neither 7 days or 5 days is wrong, from what ive been told (Asked a very similiar question myself a few days ago!.)

Its just 7days is a maintainence diet, the snake wont be any worse off being fed every 7 days...but wont grow very fast.

5 Days is better for their growth rate (As they digest one meal, they have a day or two and then feed again.)

Old 12-14-2007, 08:44 AM   #6
MerlinsPop
I've adjusted my feeding schedule for my babies following the regurge Vern had. The Munson Plan showed 4-5 day intervals for pinks with small corns, so I was feeding at 4. As Vern moved up into the second weight bracket, I started double pinks, but stayed at 4 days. I think that pushed it too far for her. So now, with my 4 anery babies, I feed 4 one cycle, then 5 the next, then 4, etc. Vern is still in the 'recovery' cycle, having gone 7 following the first meal, then 6 and now I'll wait 5 after last night's feeding. I'll keep her on 5 for a while yet, just to be sure.

I also bought a bottle of Nutri-bac, just in case. Hopefully it'll be the same as carrying an umbrella on a cloudy day - and it never rains.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google