CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Want an edit button and other perks? Become a contributing member! Click here.

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Health Issues/Feeding Problems
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Health Issues/Feeding Problems Anything related to general or specific health problems. Issues having to do with feeding problems or tips.

males get bigger??

Old 12-23-2007, 07:36 AM   #1
cornmad
males get bigger??

hi ive heard that male corns get bigger than females is this true???

Old 12-23-2007, 08:38 AM   #2
ratsncorns
I think it just depends. My female okeetee is much larger than my male motley, and they are both 05's. I think females will get thicker than males, whereas males tend to get longer. I have yet to see this in my collection though. My opinion, genetics have a lot to do with the size of individual snakes.

Old 12-23-2007, 09:35 AM   #3
bitsy
Quote:
ive heard that male corns get bigger than females
I'd look at it the other way round. Breeding females can be smaller than males, as they put more physical resources into developing and laying eggs.

On the other hand, males can refuse food for weeks during the breeding season, when they only have an appetite for luurve. This can result in weight loss.

Both male and female are usually back in shape by around September though.

I think generally it evens out. Of my sixteen, the two biggest are male and female respectively. Growth and size seems to be an individual thing, probably more influenced by traits inherited from parents/bloodline.

Old 12-23-2007, 09:37 AM   #4
cornmad
thanks for repliles

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google