CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Health Issues/Feeding Problems
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Health Issues/Feeding Problems Anything related to general or specific health problems. Issues having to do with feeding problems or tips.

Two sheds in two weeks?

Old 01-18-2008, 11:15 PM   #1
sscsgem
Two sheds in two weeks?

My Goldust girl just shed tonight. Everything looks good and the shed was complete. But she shed on 1-4-08 as well. She is a slow grower and hasn't recently had a growth spurt. Her 1-4-08 shed was broken in a few places, and though I couldn't find any left over on her scales I put in a humid hide for a week just in case. Is shedding this close together normal/heard of? Thanks!

Old 01-18-2008, 11:36 PM   #2
Susielea
I've had sheds nearly that close together, but that was a little one having a growth spurt after upping the prey size.

Is there a possibility that a little bit of the previous shed was left on? As that would be another reason for a quick shed cycle, as the snake would want to be rid of it.

I wouldn't worry too much but just keep an eye her cycles. She will probably settle into a more normal pattern now she's had a good shed.

Good luck and best wishes,

Old 01-19-2008, 01:01 PM   #3
jamay
I'd say the frequent shedding is nothing to worry about. Several of mine have shed this often. Jinta shed the first time for me on 10-12-07, then again on 10-27-07. They have become more spread out since then with the following: 11/16/07 and 12/16/07. My other two corns have been consistently shedding every 16-20 days.

Old 01-21-2008, 05:57 AM   #4
mele2511
Personally iw ould just keep a close eye on that. Even tho shedding is healthy, when they shed that often it usually meens that have a problem. If it has only done it 2 times i wouldent worry. If i keeps happening, there maybe something wrong.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google