CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Health Issues/Feeding Problems
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Health Issues/Feeding Problems Anything related to general or specific health problems. Issues having to do with feeding problems or tips.

He won't stirke?

Old 01-28-2008, 01:49 PM   #1
Scipp15
He won't stirke?

I've had my corn snake, Desmond, for 5, almost 6 months now. He has ALWAYS striked at his food. All of a sudden, he refuses to strike at his food and its almost like hes afraid of it. As far as I know, he didn't get hurt or anything so I don't know why this happened. Anyone know how I can fix this? I kinda liked watching him strike his food.

Old 01-28-2008, 01:54 PM   #2
djfreebase
Are you feeding F/T. Or live. I feed F/T. and have corns that will strike, but on some occasions just cant be bothered. You could try holding the mouse by the tail, and wiggle about a little, this usually tricks the snake into striking and constricting.

Old 01-28-2008, 01:55 PM   #3
Scipp15
Yea I'm feeding him F/T, but I always wiggle it and he's always striked at it and sometimes constricts.

Old 01-28-2008, 01:59 PM   #4
Weebonilass
As long as he's eating, does it really matter?

Old 01-28-2008, 02:10 PM   #5
StaceyBaybee
Hes probably just realised they are already dead lol.

Old 01-28-2008, 02:17 PM   #6
Scipp15
Well no it doesn't really matter... It was just more fun to watch him strike it.

Old 01-28-2008, 04:10 PM   #7
Jcapicy
Could always give him a stunned live feeder that would twitch a little, but I agree your situation seems to be a good one. minimul injury possibilities this way.

Old 01-28-2008, 04:45 PM   #8
snakewispera snr
You could try putting the pinkie in and scenting a little. Just enough to get snakey up and about.. Tease him a little..Make him hunt.
On the other hand he might have a quirk... Our IJ will refuse all food introduced in front of him. But touch them on his side just behind his head, and bang...every time. I haven't got a clue why he does it, he just does. He's a brilliant feeder now we got that sussed....LOL
MIKE

Old 01-28-2008, 05:41 PM   #9
Weebonilass
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scipp15 View Post
Well no it doesn't really matter... It was just more fun to watch him strike it.
More fun for you, doesn't make a hill of beans to him. I have four of them and not a single one strikes or constricts. I don't get a thrill from the "kill," so I don't care as long as they are eating.

Old 01-29-2008, 06:07 AM   #10
chuck1289
lmao!! You could always try making the pinkie touch his body.I know that makes my snake a little crazy hehehehehehehe.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google