CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Health Issues/Feeding Problems
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Health Issues/Feeding Problems Anything related to general or specific health problems. Issues having to do with feeding problems or tips.

Gurge Paranoia?

Old 02-06-2008, 05:04 PM   #1
Delightedly
Gurge Paranoia?

Last time I feed little Valentine when he was just going in to blue (his first time doing that with me) he regurged his pinky a day or so after feeding. He hasn't been fed in four/five days because when I would normally feed him (three days) his eyes were getting that special opaque tinge.

Should I suck it up and give him a mousie?
Should I stop worrying that he's hungry?

Should I give him a part-mousie? (I don't know if i'll be able to cut up a mouse....)

Extra info: He feeds f/t and is eating small pinks. I need to get a scale.

Old 02-06-2008, 05:15 PM   #2
Maize411
There wouldn't be to much trouble if you waited until after his shed. If he's regurged while in the beginning stages of a shed before then I would probably wait until he is done shedding and then try and feed him. Some snakes are just sensitive like that.

Old 02-06-2008, 05:17 PM   #3
Delightedly
Alrighty. I wanted to be sure that I wasn't just being paranoid and that he might actually do it again if I fed.

Thank you!

Old 02-07-2008, 05:33 PM   #4
Flagg
You should wait 8-10 days after a regurge before feeding again. It takes that much time to replenish their digestive chemicals.

Old 02-07-2008, 06:02 PM   #5
Nanci
And then feed a prey item half the size of what he regurged. When my 13g Jasper regurged, I did four feedings, five days apart, all sprinkled with Nutribac, of tiny pinks cut lengthwise. So 1/2 pink, lengthwise, four times. On the fifth feeding he got a whole tiny pink, cut in half crosswise, sprinkled with Nutribac. _I_ have gurge paranoia. Seen too many babies here get started regurging and not be able to stop.

Old 02-08-2008, 02:45 AM   #6
diamondlil
I'm with Nanci on 'gurge paranoia. Any factor you suspect caused a 'gurge (like the shed cycle for your snake in this case) that you can avoid, avoid it! As well as needing to wait for the gastric contents to build back up, repeated 'gurges damage the lining of the oesophagus and throat. So better safe than sorry IMO

Old 02-08-2008, 11:56 PM   #7
Delightedly
His last regurge was over a month ago, i might not have been clear about that. And i did follow the kathy love post regurge procedure.

But yeah, i'm not feeding him until he sheds. Once he's pretty again, he can monch his mousey.

Thanks all!

Old 02-09-2008, 08:13 AM   #8
Nanci
So if your snake previously regurged when fed going into blue, I would never attempt to feed in blue again. Good to hear he's gone a month now!

Old 02-09-2008, 07:03 PM   #9
Delightedly
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanci View Post
So if your snake previously regurged when fed going into blue, I would never attempt to feed in blue again. Good to hear he's gone a month now!
Thanks! And i'll be sure to hold to that. Paranoia is a good thing in the case of snakeys apparently.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google