CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Health Issues/Feeding Problems
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Health Issues/Feeding Problems Anything related to general or specific health problems. Issues having to do with feeding problems or tips.

petco snakes

Old 02-21-2008, 06:02 AM   #1
cornlover221
petco snakes

ok so i got slick about 1 month ago hes a bloodred corn...they told they feed every monday and that he has been eating....so i got him home and 1 half weeks later he wouldnt eat(he is now though) so then on valintines day i bought my gf an emal named sly...from petco she was there when i bought the first one and now she wont eat and shes really skinny(they said she was eating fine also)so is petco just not feeding them or am i just not waiting long enough? also is it possible that if shes never been fed that she might not know how to go about eating? one day old f/t pinkie? or is that just crazy talk?

Anyways im pretty sure im never gonna but another snake from them again...

Old 02-21-2008, 08:02 AM   #2
Fenderplayer108
Unfortunately most chain pet stores are known for not having well cared for snakes, and this is a common occurrence with snakes bought from them. I suggest leaving the snake alone for atleast 5 days before attempting another feeding, and only attempt 5 days between failed attempts to feed, its quite possible the snake is just stressed out from to many feeding attempts.

This is my first suggestion, after 5 days of no handling, place the snake in a small container with a lid, and place the pinky in the container with the snake. Place the snake in a dark room, (Like a cabinet, or a closet) and leave it in there overnight. That way the snake feels secure, and not nervous about eating.

If this suggestion doesn't work, wait another few days and check out my article on problem feeders.

Remember, baby corns can go a very long time without eating, and since you just got it on valentines day, its no where near deathly ill.

http://cornsnakes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=42403

Anymore questions, just let me know.

Old 02-21-2008, 02:37 PM   #3
popcorn
well, one of my friend actually works in Petco.According to what i know, their Reptile specialest is not a full time worker. The manager can only just give her few days to work in a week. and every week is on different days. She can not be there all the time to take care her animals! even when she s there..she don't do nothing except..playing with her beardies....(oh my god, i don't know how she got a job there)....anyways...you know what the funniest thing is? she scares of the BIG snakes...(how could you be a REPTILE SPEC if you are scared of snakes..that is the most commom sales) if i was you...i would go to a local reptiles store , i would be more confident to buy snakes from them....just cause they are there everyday..they know what excaly is going on with their animals

Old 02-21-2008, 02:48 PM   #4
starsevol
My opinion...don't even go to a "reptile store"....buy from one of the breeders here!
You will have to pay shipping, and it's not cheap, but if you buy from a breeder here you will get a HEALTHY, FEEDING, PROPERLY SEXED snake and have your choice of an amazing rainbow of colors.

Old 02-21-2008, 02:53 PM   #5
susang
Do you have them in seperate vivs?

Old 02-21-2008, 03:12 PM   #6
Hunter2011
I would DEFFINATELY advise Kathy Love for a VERY GOOD breeder!!! that is who I got Star from and she is doing excellent!!

Old 02-21-2008, 05:07 PM   #7
cornlover221
yes i do have them in separate vivs....thanks for all the input

Old 02-21-2008, 05:17 PM   #8
wade
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter2011 View Post
I would DEFFINATELY advise Kathy Love for a VERY GOOD breeder!!! that is who I got Star from and she is doing excellent!!
Kathy is going to have to put you on the payroll pretty soon.

Old 02-21-2008, 05:39 PM   #9
Hunter2011
lol, what can I say, She is amazing

Old 02-21-2008, 05:40 PM   #10
zwet21
i've bought three corns from petco; a normal, a snow, and a ghost. The only one that ever gave me a problem was the normal. he didn't eat for the first month and a half. Eventually if they're hungry enough they'll eat. they all eat regularly now once a week.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google