CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Health Issues/Feeding Problems
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Health Issues/Feeding Problems Anything related to general or specific health problems. Issues having to do with feeding problems or tips.

HELP ME!!!!!

Old 03-07-2008, 04:43 PM   #1
cdoane83
HELP ME!!!!!

My corn snake had a harder time passing his last meal, when he did it smelled different and it was not squishy. Sounds nasty but I had to find out why it looked different. Please help me

Old 03-07-2008, 05:00 PM   #2
Susielea
Is that white tissue that it's on?

Is there a way you can get a clearer picture?

Sorry it's just not very clear, what is what, in that pic, so a clearer picture and some more details might help us, help you.

Old 03-07-2008, 05:05 PM   #3
cdoane83
I cant get another pic, yes thats white tissue. The smell was stronger then usual. I went to take another pic after I saw that and my camera broke,

Old 03-07-2008, 05:07 PM   #4
cdoane83
I had also just had him in the tub, and when I was taking him back downtairs he did that on the floor

Old 03-07-2008, 05:33 PM   #5
Susielea
How old is your corn?
When was it last fed and what?
What do you mean it had a harder time passing it's last meal...constipated?

I'm really sorry but without a clearer pic (that one looks like egg yolk on tissue at the moment) I'm not sure anyone will be able to help.

Matbe it would be best to take the tissue with the "poop" to your reptile vet, as it doesn't look normal to me.

Old 03-08-2008, 06:27 AM   #6
Susan
Not all snake poop is created equal, just as in humans. Your snake may simply have a touch of "snake colitis". His last meal may have been a little "off". I've had snakes poop similar to that and then go and have a normal poop the next time. I would recommend that as long as your snake appears to be normal and not sick, to just wait and see what the next poop looks like. If it is also the same as this one, then the next step would be to save it in a little plastic bag and keep it refrigerated until you can bring it to your vet (hopefully the same day or the next) to have them check it for worms.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google