CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Photography Techniques and Equipment
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Photography Techniques and Equipment This forum is for the discussion of technical details of how to take good pictures as well as discuss the equipment used in that pursuit.

canon or nikon??

Old 12-24-2008, 08:13 AM   #1
tommymamba
Question canon or nikon??

i'm wondering what's best and give me the most beautifull pictures of my snake: the nikon D300 or canon 50D

Old 12-24-2008, 08:55 AM   #2
danielle
I just bought a nikon d60 and LOVE LOVE LOVE it!!! The thing I learned after researchling both camera makes is nikon is a little more expensive, but is known for the best quality lenses. The canon is also a great camera, and though I am not familiar with either of the makes you chose it really is how well you learn to use this camera that is going to give you the best shots. Point and shoot cameras are probably the best route unless you can spend some time learning a camera in manual mode and then the real fun starts!!

Old 12-24-2008, 09:38 AM   #3
RobbiesCornField
I've got a Fujifilm Finepix S800. It's a GREAT camera for the price (about $250) and you're not paying $500 and up. I've found that I can take some fairly decent pictures with it. However, if you're really looking to get some FANTASTIC pictures, and are willing to spend the money, get a Nikon d40. That's the camera that Tula_Montage uses, and her pictures are incredible!

Old 12-24-2008, 10:10 AM   #4
The Nothing
They BOTH will produce awesome images if you have the right glass (lens) and patience to learn the camera.

At this point in technology, its not about the camera, its about the photographer and the glass...

Old 12-24-2008, 10:23 AM   #5
Weebonilass
The Canon folks will say Canon... the Nikon folks will say Nikon I think either would be an excellent choice. On the photography forums that I've stumbled across, there seems to be just as many pros using one as the other.

I'm a Canon person as is my daughter and her best friend... but I know and admire Nikon users too

It's not so much the cost of the camera, but the cost of the lens & accessories afterwards that will give you a heart attack. I was looking at a ring adapter for a flash yesterday and it was $300, without the flash! Daaaaaaaaaaang... look like it was worth it, but I can still hear crickets in my bank vault

Old 12-24-2008, 10:25 AM   #6
Weebonilass
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nothing View Post
They BOTH will produce awesome images if you have the right glass (lens) and patience to learn the camera.

At this point in technology, its not about the camera, its about the photographer and the glass...

I agree... you can have the fanciest camera in the world and iwthout the eye it won't be happening. I remember when I first started, I had the exact same camera as Lore.... we set it up EXACTLY like hers, but my pictures still didn't look half as good as hers did...sigh... she was/is good.

Old 12-24-2008, 10:50 AM   #7
tommymamba
thank you all for making this ''easier'' to choose :-)
you guys helped me great and i realize it's not the camera who makes the pictures but i am so i'm just going for the canon 50d and spend some money to a school where they can teach me handling this thing because in the future i want to go professional with it.

Old 12-24-2008, 11:02 AM   #8
Tula_Montage
I will stand by the Nikon D40 for years to come. It's a fantastic wee camera for the price. It's a really basic entry level DSLR which still allows you to have total creative control over your pictures when shooting in manual mode. I like the preset features too, they will take pretty decent shots if you are not sure about aperture, exposures and shutter speeds etc.

Just remember it's not necessarily the body thats important, it's which lens' you use with it. I rarley take the Sigma 105mm macro lens off (although the 18-55mm kit lens is great in it's own right).

Oh actually, the camera doesn't matter one little bit, it's the person behind it

Old 12-24-2008, 11:20 AM   #9
RobbiesCornField
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tula_Montage View Post
Oh actually, the camera doesn't matter one little bit, it's the person behind it
So THAT'S why your pictures are fantastic! You're a fantastic person!

Old 12-24-2008, 11:24 AM   #10
Tula_Montage
I think it helps if you see things a wee bit differently

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google