CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > General Chit-Chat Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

General Chit-Chat Forum Discussion about general topics that are really off topic concerning corn snakes, or just about any old chit at all.

Ham Radio

Old 01-10-2009, 10:32 PM   #1
Marshall_P
Question Ham Radio

Just curious if i'm the only ham radio enthusiast on this forum? I'd be curious to know...

Old 01-19-2009, 10:44 AM   #2
Marshall_P
Cool bump

Guess So...

Old 01-19-2009, 02:41 PM   #3
tom e
It's interesting to me, but nope, never had one or any experience with one.

Old 01-19-2009, 02:49 PM   #4
v_various
I've been to field day. I was the only girl who wasn't someones wife....and even then I was only there because my friend wanted to show me what it was about. I've used them before, my friend will go on about how exciting it is to talk to people in other countries. I say "wow, I do that on the internet". He wags his finger and says "just you wait until there is a disaster, then we'll see how useful your internet is". I've sat around and watched him work on a repeater he was building himself, I listen when he tells me what all his stuff is for but it never really sticks in my head.

I was going to get my license for the heck of it, a lot of my friends are into it and have meets and stuff. But it doesn't really hold my interest, I'm not very tech savvy.

Old 01-21-2009, 10:50 AM   #5
Marshall_P
Cool Cool

That would be fun, i've actually never been to a field day before, I understand too about the "tech savvy", I don't really get too deep into the electronic aspect of the hobby outside of enjoying putting together my own antennas & such. Thanx for the reply, Marsh..

Old 01-21-2009, 12:35 PM   #6
zamo
i have be licenced since nov 07.i hold a foundation call sigh M3ZMO and i am studing for my intermediate licence which i will be taking in march.i use echlink and i have used cq100. 73

Old 01-22-2009, 09:26 AM   #7
Marshall_P
Thumbs up awesome

Yeah, i'm also on echolink with the callsign kc8brt. I'll give you a shout sometime if I see you on...

Old 01-22-2009, 12:32 PM   #8
zamo
sounds good i will not be on for a while my desk top pc died at the weekend so i will be getting it fixed soon.on my works laptop at the moment and cant download on to it.i will make a note of your call.73

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google