CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Want an edit button and other perks? Become a contributing member! Click here.

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Health Issues/Feeding Problems
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Health Issues/Feeding Problems Anything related to general or specific health problems. Issues having to do with feeding problems or tips.

Snake hasn't pooped in 2 weeks...

Old 02-13-2009, 06:43 PM   #1
chicelias
Snake hasn't pooped in 2 weeks...

i have a yearling creamsicle that i give a large mouse to every sunday. i've had her since september and i've fed her on pretty much this same schedule since i got her except that a couple months agao i moved her up from medium mice to large mice and she had no problems. usually after i feed her she poops like 2-3 days later and she poops multiple like 2-3 times. she's been really regular with eating, pooping and shedding. (she eats fine even when she's shedding).

so i'm a little concerned because about two weeks ago when i fed her she pretty much stayed in one spot for the entire week (as far as i could tell. she's usually very active at night and i see her cruising around). then i fed her again on this last sunday and she ate just fine and then stayed in the same spot again the whole week. but what has me concerned is that i can not seem to find any poop anywhere - she hasn't pooped since i fed her and it's freaking me out. she's going to shed too - i think she's in the clear stage now. should i be worried is this normal even though she always used to eat and poop regularly even during shed cycles?

Old 02-13-2009, 06:50 PM   #2
MinLynn
I'll betcha when you find her shed, you'll also find a big 'ol mound of poop to go with it! Our Voldemort likes to do that to us!

Old 02-14-2009, 02:37 PM   #3
chicelias
i hope so thanks!

Old 02-14-2009, 02:56 PM   #4
Maloof
This is completely normal, sometimes a corn can go weeks without pooping and not cause a problem. I've noticed that some corns like to hold off on pooping before a shed, and you may find some poo INSIDE the shed skin.

Old 02-15-2009, 02:54 PM   #5
chicelias
she pooped yesterday after she shed - thanks!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google