CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Health Issues/Feeding Problems
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Health Issues/Feeding Problems Anything related to general or specific health problems. Issues having to do with feeding problems or tips.

New Albino wouldn't eat

Old 03-12-2009, 07:32 PM   #1
rkimm4
New Albino wouldn't eat

Well, no success in feeding, so I will try again on Sunday. I tried the feed last night. Today he was actually fairly active, and tonight he curled his-self in two curls and shook his tail really fast in a weird striking position and then rolled his-self upside down.

Does anyone know what the heck this guy was up too???

Kim

Old 03-12-2009, 08:22 PM   #2
danielle
They will rattle their tail when they are defensive and think you are a predator- if you don't back off the next instinct is to play dead hoping you will pass them by.

Old 03-12-2009, 08:41 PM   #3
rkimm4
Danielle,

I believe he is completely dead...He was just moving all over the place an hour ago. I haven't even held this snake yet, all I did was put him in his container to eat yesterday. He had no reason to feel threatened, we have left him alone since the day we got him. I have no clue what I have done wrong. Was he hunting earlier??? My temperatures are perfect, I use aspen there are 4 hides, water on cool side, greenery, and a climbing log, all in a 10 gal tank.

Help...

Old 03-12-2009, 08:54 PM   #4
danielle
So have you picked him up? I bought a corn at a show last year that died the same week. If he is dead I doubt it was your fault if your temps are good and there is water. I would pick him up to be sure= sorry if he has past thats always hard even when they have only been your pets for a short time.

Old 03-12-2009, 10:33 PM   #5
rkimm4
Yes, He is dead, I'm cleaning out the viv now. I'm so sad, this is our second snake from Petco since Feb. 4th.

I use Aspen, heat is 80 to 85 on warm side, cool is between 70 and 75. Fresh water every morning, under tank heat pad, and two hides.

What a bummer.

Old 03-13-2009, 06:21 AM   #6
nrfitchett4
I would make sure to bleach the viv very well and bleach or bake the hides just to make sure there is not a microorganism at work here.

Old 03-13-2009, 08:17 AM   #7
danielle
I am so sorry I was hoping he was just playing dead. If you get another corn I would contact a breeder or go to a show this time. Petco isn't always the best on quarantining new animals and diseases tend to spread that way. Don't be discouraged it sounds like you did everything right!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google