CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Health Issues/Feeding Problems
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Health Issues/Feeding Problems Anything related to general or specific health problems. Issues having to do with feeding problems or tips.

Problem Continuing

Old 05-28-2009, 06:40 PM   #1
Scotteeo
Problem Continuing

Ok, so I'm on the whole, snake regurged twice, wait ten days and feed the head routine. It was weird though, when I tried feeding him ten days ago, he refused and regurged the previous weeks meal that night. Now he's refusing again. Am I in the middle of a hunger strike and I don't know it,or is something more serious happening with him that I need to do. I wonder if it's because I've changed brands of pinkies several times. I bought him at exotic pets and first used their pinkies. Then I accidently bought fuzzies at Petsmart, which he ate the first one but he regurged the second feeding of fuzzy while I was in florida. so I moved down to pinkies from Petco when I got back, which he regurged the first (that was the one ten days ago) and now he's not eating this one. (I hope that made sense!) Maybe I should go back to exotic pets and try theirs again in a week?

Old 05-28-2009, 06:53 PM   #2
RobbiesCornField
Keep feeding only pink heads for at least a couple of weeks (if he's able to keep this one down). You should really consider ordering Nutribac from Kathy Love's website ( http://www.cornutopia.com ). If I counted right, he's on regurge number 2? You need to be VERY careful with continuing this. Do a search on here for Kathy Love's Regurge FAQ. It'll be able to explain proper procedure a lot better than I will.

Old 05-28-2009, 07:22 PM   #3
Scotteeo
Haha, right now I wish I could deal with the problem of him keeping it down. I can't even get him to eat! I'll wait but I mean, he and I can only wait so long you know?

Old 05-28-2009, 07:26 PM   #4
RobbiesCornField
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotteeo View Post
Haha, right now I wish I could deal with the problem of him keeping it down. I can't even get him to eat! I'll wait but I mean, he and I can only wait so long you know?
If he doesn't want to eat today, try again in 4 days. But definitely order the Nutribac from Kathy's site, and look for the FAQ on here.

Old 05-28-2009, 07:49 PM   #5
medusacoils
Along with what Robbie is saying, you could try tube feeding him with that nutribac. Make a slury out of it and using a small dosing syringe that you can get at a pharmacy, (just as the pharmacist for one) and hand feeding it to him. This may get things moving along.

But, make sure you are doing everything else Robbie has suggested.

Wayne

Old 05-28-2009, 08:24 PM   #6
Drizzt80
Temps temps temps. 9.5 times out 10 any problem I've encountered, or helped with, on reguring comes back to improper temps in the cage.

D80

Old 05-28-2009, 08:28 PM   #7
BobbyHill
D80 brings up a great point. Are you sure the temps are within a good range?

Old 05-28-2009, 09:57 PM   #8
Scotteeo
To be perfectly honest, at the begining of this dilema no, they weren't but I've forked over my las couple paychecks to make sure EVERYTHING was perfect. I got new aspen, new digital thermostats, and everything is perfect to a T as of ten days ago. I will wait another week to see if maybe it was the change of surroundings but I see him out more than I used to, which to me is a plus. So, in the case I HAVE to use a needle, how do I go about doing that? Do I insert it into his body, do I hold him down, open his mouth and squirt it inside? Btw, sorry if I seemed upset earlier. I just get frustrated when I know I'm doing things right and things don't happen the way they are supposed to. Thank you so much for the help!!!

Old 05-28-2009, 10:05 PM   #9
BobbyHill
You'd be using a syringe without the needle for the Nutribac.

Old 05-29-2009, 12:40 AM   #10
kathylove
It sounds as though he was eating pinks fine for some time, and then regurged when you went to fuzzies? If that is true, then it is most likely the large meal, and not the temps that caused it (although perfect temps are more important than ever, once he has regurged), and the 1st regurge has made him ultra sensitive now. It could be that his tummy is upset now and he doesn't feel like eating. Sometimes time will cure the upset stomach and let him eat TINY meals again. I would probably tube feed him some Nutri Bac if he doesn't eat (and keep down) a pinkie head SOON.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google