CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Health Issues/Feeding Problems
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Health Issues/Feeding Problems Anything related to general or specific health problems. Issues having to do with feeding problems or tips.

Being fed enough?

Old 07-20-2009, 01:34 PM   #1
colt89
Being fed enough?

If a snake misses a week of feeding, do you feed them twice as much the following week?

And how do you know if your snake is being fed enough/isn't hungry?

Old 07-20-2009, 01:38 PM   #2
diamondlil
I'd never double the feed size, it'd be asking for a regurge. As long as a baby snake is growing and shedding about once a mnth it's being fed enough, although weighing once a month is good to check on growth rate. As the snake grows gradually increase the prey size and space out the feedings.

Old 07-20-2009, 01:50 PM   #3
colt89
Thanks. I have a corn that's about five years old that I recieved about a week ago.

Old 07-20-2009, 01:59 PM   #4
diamondlil
I feed my adult corns a medium to large mouse every 10-14 days. I don't brumate over the winter but feed all year round so I have to watch I don't overfeed and end up with sausage snakes. The males go off their feed in spring for a couple of months and lose a bit of weight, the females get fed a little more often then just before breeding, and get smaller mice weekly after they've laid their eggs.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google