CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Health Issues/Feeding Problems
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Health Issues/Feeding Problems Anything related to general or specific health problems. Issues having to do with feeding problems or tips.

Shedding?

Old 08-01-2009, 12:58 PM   #1
DayDreamer
Question Shedding?

My little Miami last shed june 22, 09 and according to the breeder she is suppose to shed once a month, when will she shed? She is not in the blue stage, nor have i seen her in it. She couldnt be in the clear stage because there has been no blue stage. but she is due to shed at anytime.
(Sorry if i sound like a corn newb, technically i am one)

Old 08-01-2009, 01:08 PM   #2
Nanci
The way you know she is entering the blue phase is, instead of coming out in the evening, especially as feeding day nears, you don't see her any more. So as long as she is out and about, she isn't going to shed any time soon. She may be holding off until you choose a name for her...

Old 08-01-2009, 01:21 PM   #3
COerriccaRN
My doesn't shed exactly one month after her last shed. Sometimes its less than a month, sometimes more. It all depends on how much the baby is growing.

Old 08-01-2009, 11:32 PM   #4
glenhead
Snakes shed when they outgrow their skin (without going into waaay too much detail). The growth, and hence the "when", is driven by how much and how often they're fed. Yes, they'll usually shed about once a month, but that's a really, really rough ballpark. If you feed them prey that is at their upper limit, and feed them as soon as they'll eat, they'll grow faster and shed more frequently. Chances are, they'll also get chubby, and that's not good. If you feed them prey of an appropriate size, and follow the recommended schedules, you'll eventually figure out their shedding pattern.

Patience. Learn from the snake.

Old 08-02-2009, 01:22 PM   #5
DayDreamer
Haha... Ok *Patience*

Old 08-02-2009, 02:37 PM   #6
airenlow
Yep...just be patient!

My hatchlings eat every 5 days and usually shed every 6-8 feedings.

Old 08-02-2009, 04:48 PM   #7
DayDreamer
She has gone blue now! Patience... i cant believe it... WORKED

Old 08-02-2009, 05:34 PM   #8
COerriccaRN
Happens every time

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google