• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Lucky Bullseye ;)! And more...

Michael823

Today my Bullseye Albino Nelson's Milk Snake arrived, and I couldn't be happier. He is absolutely gorgeous, and arrived healthy :)! My brother photographed the arrival, so I decided to post them now.

100_5324_1461.jpg

Special delivery! The UPS guy asked if their was actually a reptile in there, so I told him there was. I didn't want to say it was a snake, just in case he ever delivered again in the future, and had a fear of them. But he asked what, so I figured it was fine to tell him it was in fact a snake. He actually sounded interested, so cool!

100_5326_1460.jpg

Come on... Come on...

100_5327_1459.jpg

Closer...

100_5329_1458.jpg

OH... MY... GOSH :)!

100_5330_1457.jpg

Now to go home and rest... for now ;)!

Closeup.jpg

My brother tried photographing from outside of the tank, so the pics are really blurry. I hate posting pictures like that, but it gives the gist of his appearance until I can better photograph him in a few days.

Fullbody.jpg

I want to thank everyone who was as emotionally attached to the arrival as I was, you were all very helpful.
And a BIG THANKS to Dan (DrDan) for making this happen. I appreciate it sooo much, and will keep you posted.

That's all for now... I'll post something else right after that's sort of unrelated though.

And more...

Here are two Garter Snakes that I also found today.

BabyGarter.jpg

BabyGarter2.jpg

This was the first one I found. I found him while walking down to my mom's house, I was just seeing if maybe UPS stopped by there. I took him up to our house, took a few photographs, and released him by our shed. I usually let them go right where I find them, but he was too close to the driveway, and the shed is only about 100' away.
BTW, this little one was very calm. No stink bombs, fleeing, etc... an absolutely adorable little snake.

100_5406_1470.jpg

100_5407_1468.jpg

This one I found right by my porch, shortly after I released the other. He was still pretty cute, but he did lay a stink bomb.

Enjoy!

Wow. That Nelson's is absolutely gorgeous! Congrats on getting him! :)
Those Garters are adorable as well! It must be your lucky day. Maybe you should buy a Powerball ticket! LOL - that's what I did when I won my Spider BP. (Unfortunately, I lost. That's ok, though!)

WOW!!! I knew I'd be looking at pics of a gorgeous Nelson's, but I didn't think it would be THAT spectacular!!! Whooo HOOO for you, Michael (and vicariously Ricky). He is one great looking dude!! I'm sure you're both proud and RELIEVED that he finally arrived. Congrats and know that WE hope to see many pics periodically!

I love his color and those perfect circles!!!!!

LOL... Now I wish I had gotten around to posting my entry too! :D

EDIT: I neglected to mention that those garter snakes look awesome too!!!

Wow. That Nelson's is absolutely gorgeous! Congrats on getting him! :)
Those Garters are adorable as well! It must be your lucky day. Maybe you should buy a Powerball ticket! LOL - that's what I did when I won my Spider BP. (Unfortunately, I lost. That's ok, though!)
My lucky week :)! It started with the acceptance to a very exclusive gathering, involving my favorite musical group of all time, that will be a once in a lifetime opportunity, and will open so many doors (can't go into specifics yet, top secret :))! And last night I found someone on Facebook who was a huge part of the life of Tupac Shakur, my favorite artist of all time, and we became FB friends.
Then I found about this snake, and was chosen as the recipient. While also being #1 in the Pick em' league, and having my favorite team, the Baltimore Ravens, being the #1 NFL team according to power rankings.
Then yesterday I had a great meeting with my grandparents, and a person who is helping to get their business off the ground and on the web... More opportunies :)!
Today the snake arrived, and I also found two Garters. Twice as many snakes as I've found all year.

Not to sound like I'm bragging, because I would hate to do that. But I feel like big things are happening lately, and I can't explain why. I just hope it all goes as planned, but I can't control that, so I'll appreciate the moments while I can.

Congratulations- he looks terrific! :)
Best of luck with him
Thank you! He looks very healthy and well taken care of, so I too hope to have the very best luck with him.

Congrats on getting the lovely guy!
Thank you! He is a lovely guy for sure.

WOW!!! I knew I'd be looking at pics of a gorgeous Nelson's, but I didn't think it would be THAT spectacular!!! Whooo HOOO for you, Michael (and vicariously Ricky). He is one great looking dude!! I'm sure you're both proud and RELIEVED that he finally arrived. Congrats and know that WE hope to see many pics periodically!

I love his color and those perfect circles!!!!!

LOL... Now I wish I had gotten around to posting my entry too! :D
Hey, thanks Fred. I love the Vicariously through Ricky part too :)! It was hard to tell from the initial picture, so DrDan was getting me so excited with his descriptions of how perfect this snake was. So when I finally saw him, I was blown away.
I spoke with the breeder as well, who also got my anxiousness up with his descriptions, and he told me one thing... Not to drool too much when I saw him in person. I couldn't help it though, he is as droolworthy as they come.

Congrats Michael!!!
Thank you very much!

What a beauty! I'm so glad he arrived safely! (Especially since he didn't have styrofoam in his box to crush-proof it!!!) Nice garters, too. I love garters.

What a beauty! I'm so glad he arrived safely! (Especially since he didn't have styrofoam in his box to crush-proof it!!!) Nice garters, too. I love garters.
Thanks Nanci! I too was glad nothing happened to the box in transit, as It was relatively "crushable".

I also love Garters, especially babies. I was so syked last year to find an Eastern Milk, which are totally beautiful, but the Garter's are still an overall favorite. It was so neat to pick the first one up, and handle him as gently and calmly as a pet. He was so docile, and it was exciting to find both of them, and rewarding to release them.

He's perfect Michael another congrats. A small reminder unless your shipping using SYR UPS does not deliver snakes. Next time don't tell the guy the snake part it can get the shipper in trouble:)

He's perfect Michael another congrats. A small reminder unless your shipping using SYR UPS does not deliver snakes. Next time don't tell the guy the snake part it can get the shipper in trouble:)
Thank you very much Danielle! I'm not exactly sure what type of shipping was used, as I didn't have to pay for/choose the shipping. He is a stunner though, and is one of those animals that must be seen in person to really see his beauty. My mom was so excited for me that she wanted me to call her at work work upon arrival, so I did. She saw him after work though, and absolutely loved him.

I didn't know it was a bad idea to tell the UPS guy it was a snake, so I'll be more careful next time. I wasn't going to tell the UPS guy it was a snake at first, even when he asked if there was really a reptile in the box (I just said yes, because it says reptile on the side of the box anyways). I figured it wasn't a good idea to let him know exactly what it was, just in case he is deathly afraid of snakes, and I have to make another order in the future. But when he asked what kind of reptile, I then thought it was okay to say it was a snake. If I had known it might cause trouble, then I would have left that part out. But thanks for the heads up, and I will be more careful with that type of info next time.

Congratulations on your new addition and finds Michael! Great post :)
Thank you very much Allison. The Garter Snakes were a good break to calm my nerves, and I was so happy to find them. They must have been born recently, so I'm going to go searching for snakes this afternoon.

He's wonderful! And lovely to find the garters and all your other good luck too!
Thank you so much Diamondlil! I'd be lying if I said finding the Garter Snakes made my day, but any other day they would have. The Milk Snake is more gorgeous than I ever expected, so I was happy to get the time line photos of receiving the package. What didn't show in the pictures was my smile :)!

Back