CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues Discussions about genetics issues and/or the various cultivars for cornsnakes commercially available.

Blushing Corn and Diffused Kastanie

Old 05-04-2010, 08:39 PM   #1
Reptileman81
Blushing Corn and Diffused Kastanie

Anyone have any info on these?

Has the recipe to make blushing corns been let out yet?

Does anyone know anyone with some available?

Any info or help would be great.
Thanks in advanced!!!

Old 05-04-2010, 11:01 PM   #2
zorro
The Diffused Kastanie we will see this year if it is the same gene as the rosy bloodred, look to Don (SMR) for the results of the test breeding to see if they are the same.
As for the Blushing corns started by Sean at VMS, Chuck's book shows what he believes to be another really pink corn with the strawberry gene. I have been lucky enough to breed and raise blushing ghosts and snows with hatchlings being available this year. I love their looks even though most of my projects are bloodred related, I have made room for them.
John
Here is a blushing snow as a juvenile.

Old 05-05-2010, 05:25 AM   #3
Nanci
Is blushing strawberry + snow?

You need to make those in stripe, John!

Old 05-05-2010, 08:42 AM   #4
bekers71
John would you happen to have a picture of the blushing ghost?

Old 05-05-2010, 09:19 AM   #5
Reptileman81
There is a pic of the Blushing Ghost in the 2010 morph guide. I like the Blushing Ghost better but that Blushing Snow is pretty sweet too.

Old 05-05-2010, 09:21 AM   #6
Reptileman81
Quote:
Originally Posted by zorro View Post
The Diffused Kastanie we will see this year if it is the same gene as the rosy bloodred, look to Don (SMR) for the results of the test breeding to see if they are the same.
As for the Blushing corns started by Sean at VMS, Chuck's book shows what he believes to be another really pink corn with the strawberry gene. I have been lucky enough to breed and raise blushing ghosts and snows with hatchlings being available this year. I love their looks even though most of my projects are bloodred related, I have made room for them.
John
Here is a blushing snow as a juvenile.
How much would the blushing corns going for? You have some to sell this year?

Old 05-05-2010, 09:37 AM   #7
Reptileman81
Quote:
Originally Posted by zorro View Post
John
I am having a brain fart.... Don who and Sean who at where. Sorry I know Don just cant think of last names and dont know what SMR and VMS stands for.

Old 05-05-2010, 10:02 AM   #8
zorro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reptileman81 View Post
I am having a brain fart.... Don who and Sean who at where. Sorry I know Don just cant think of last names and dont know what SMR and VMS stands for.
Sorry, Don is Don Soderberg of South Mountain Reptiles www.cornsnakes.net
and Sean is Sean Niland of VMSHerp also the website www.vmsherp.com
Both of these guys have been into corns and reptiles since the 70's when there where just amels and aneries.

Here is a pic of the blushing ghost male from the book, he is semi retired now cause of a hemipene not retracting last year. He is in my collection but in trying to breed this year he kept trying to use the nonexistant side.
The pink shows better with the black background but that is not my pic. He has some real good looking 09's with one looking just like him but he is also het motley and had motley blushing ghost babies which I am raising up. I will take pics of them cause they are really good looking.
John

Old 05-05-2010, 12:03 PM   #9
Reptileman81
ZORRO

Do you know what the genetic make up of these guys are. Is it just strawberry and anery or for your snows amel as well.

Old 05-05-2010, 02:14 PM   #10
zorro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reptileman81 View Post
ZORRO

Do you know what the genetic make up of these guys are. Is it just strawberry and anery or for your snows amel as well.
We are thinking it's the strawberry in the anery what ever form it is taking such as snow and this line has produced pink ultramel aneries too. This next breeding season we will be test breeding with the pink corals and neons to see if it is the same gene.
Hope that helps
John

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google