• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Boston bombing:(

skidmorejr88

I just want to get everyone's take on the situation and pray for the family's who have lost loved ones and those that are injured. This truly makes me sick to my stomach, that fact humans can do this cowardly act on unknowing civilians is repulsive. It's almost to the point when you don't want to refer to them things as acts of terrorist but acts of cowards. As some one who is pro gun this just goes to show no matter what bad people do bad things if its with a bomb, a gun, a knife, a plane, evil is just in some people. Acts like these truly will affect our future and in time I feel some people won't want to go any where. Lets hear what everyone else has to say.

There is no denying that the bombing was tragic. Yes, terrorism is the act by cowards, it always has been. I wish I could say that humans have become better over the centuries, but alas, we are still killing each other.

But I hope when the culprit(s) are found, they and only they will be judged (i.e. not their religion nor race nor any other characteristic).

It is a terrible thing to have happened. My thoughts and heart go out to everyone that has been affected by this tragedy. Sometimes it is a cruel world we live in :(

I find it somehow amusing how so many Americans immediately decide whoever did this is a coward- while America does all sorts of shady stuff in other countries- and our own.

Frankly- I think the new Ironman quote is pretty spot on- "Some people call me a terrorist, others a teacher."

"Terrorism" is such a silly word as is rushing to judgement on whoever did this. Probably some group out of the middle east tired of us occupying/controlling their country and telling them how to live their lives. How many of them consider us "terrorists"? ;)

One opinion at work was that it was a wounded soldier who lost it after being shipped home. The suicide rate of soldiers is up 80% since the start of the Iraqi war. Interesting take. I can picture someone who used to love to run and be in great health lose it after seeing their friends and family or even themselves being hurt or killed in action. That would take its toll on anyone, and who knows how you would react until it happens to you.

"Sad day, boy." -Captain Phil Harris on "Deadliest Catch"

"or even themselves being hurt or killed in action."

It looks like I didn't think this through, if they were killed in action I do believe they would have a good alibi.

I find it somehow amusing how so many Americans immediately decide whoever did this is a coward- while America does all sorts of shady stuff in other countries- and our own.

Frankly- I think the new Ironman quote is pretty spot on- "Some people call me a terrorist, others a teacher."

"Terrorism" is such a silly word as is rushing to judgement on whoever did this. Probably some group out of the middle east tired of us occupying/controlling their country and telling them how to live their lives. How many of them consider us "terrorists"? ;)

Just because I believe terrorism to be cowardly, doesn't mean I believe the U.S. isn't doing "all sorts of shady stuff in other countries - and our own". I'm aware what the U.S. government has been up to, and not much of it is noble. Just mentioning because the two don't go hand-in-hand for everyone.

How do we know the people are from the Middle East? They (or one person) could be from anywhere, the U.S., Canada, UK, etc and be any race/religion. Lets not be quick to judge who did this, before law enforcement catch the culprit(s).

One opinion at work was that it was a wounded soldier who lost it after being shipped home. The suicide rate of soldiers is up 80% since the start of the Iraqi war. Interesting take. I can picture someone who used to love to run and be in great health lose it after seeing their friends and family or even themselves being hurt or killed in action. That would take its toll on anyone, and who knows how you would react until it happens to you.

"Sad day, boy." -Captain Phil Harris on "Deadliest Catch"

I don't know of any veterans who were wounded overseas, to come over here and do this sort of thing. Veteran suicide/soldier suicide is insanely high. This comes from a poor mental health infrastructure here in the U.S. But, you should tell your co-worker that veterans who have mental health issues usually either get help, get over it, or take their own life somewhere away from tons of people. They do not usually make explosives in order to cause mass damage. Though there have been bombings done in the past by veterans (Timothy Mcveigh comes to mind).

I guess I just look on in disgust at anyone who jumps to the "it was a veteran" statement.

Though, like the shooting at Sandy Hook, the media will spin this with as much sparkly crap that they can think of, and if their overlords want Veterans to be cast in a bad light, then it will be done....

But, I read somewhere that the suspect was a Saudi national (can't remember where though)... And, I cannot go looking for the story, because I can no longer look at those horrible pictures. My PTSD is bad enough to deal with without bringing up more memories to screw with me.

I agree Aaron. I would be completely illogical and fundamentally against their nature for a vet to do this.
I guess we'll find out.

Remember, McVeigh was part of the MKUltra research and had been taking hallucinogens so I'd like the think that the same sort of mind alteration crap isn't going on anymore :rolleyes:. (yeah, right)

I agree that the US gov't has been doing "shady stuff" for a LONG time. But I can't see much use in speculating who did it or why. It could just as easily be a crazy person who wants attention as somebody who did it for some motive other than insanity. Without more info, who knows?

Of course, I won't necessarily believe the media about whatever person / group / motive that the authorities eventually say did it. It's gotten so that I question anything I hear or read from the media anymore. If it sounds logical, then I more or less accept it. But I also believe that there could be ulterior motives and that we often aren't hearing the real truth anymore.

I guess I just look on in disgust at anyone who jumps to the "it was a veteran" statement.

Though, like the shooting at Sandy Hook, the media will spin this with as much sparkly crap that they can think of, and if their overlords want Veterans to be cast in a bad light, then it will be done....

^^^^ Word.

The older I get the more "the media" disgusts me.

I wasn't going to comment in this thread but I feel that I have to. I was rather disgusted by the claim of the bomber being a veteran with PTSD. I am a wife of a veteran who suffers from this disorder. I help run an online caregiver support group for wives, mothers, sisters, who help care for their wounded veteran.

We lose 22 veterans each day due to suicide. There have been a few cases of the veteran taking the lives of his immediate family and then taking their life. Veterans, typically, do not go out taking innocent American lives.

While much attention has been paid to suicides by veterans of Iraq and Afghanistan, the report indicates the problem is worse among older veterans. Most veterans who commit suicide are over age 50.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/02/01/veteran-suicide-rate_n_2599019.html

I do not believe we should make such uneducated guesses as to who was behind this bombing until we have facts.

They first reported it was a Saudi Arabian National and now they are asking for anyone who saw a dark skinned man in a hoodie who tried to get access to restricted areas right before the bombing.

Let us just keep Boston in our heart and our thoughts! Pray those responsible will be found.

A couple inspirational quotes from runner friends:

The real tragedy at Boston is that we so willingly let fear rule our lives. I regret I wasn't there.- Matt Mahoney

Having lived through the shining path years in Peru before my family moved here, I'm intimately familiar with this. Forget the cowards w the bombs, we do what we do, and some of us die incidental heroes. (Cause that's what those people are) -Juan Jourde

Any act against one runner is an act against us all... We are connected through our desire to find ourselves while running, whether we will ever run Boston, or not. We are one in the same and united we will stand - unbroken in our will and commitment to this life we love. Today is a new day and with it I hope comes a new love for each step we are all still able to take.- Suzie Meltzer

The real tragedy at Boston is that we so willingly let fear rule our lives. I regret I wasn't there.- Matt Mahoney

That really is one to take to the heart. You can not live life in fear of even going to a football game or flying on a plane. Thanks for that quote nanci
And I agree beautifully wild we should not jump to such conclusions. Lets just hope those who did this act of violence are found and justice is done. Now to touch on the fact America has been doing shady stuff, yes we all know look at even agent orange in Vietnam. But that's still not to say who ever did this is not a coward. They took innocent, defenseless, lives and I'm just saying when the media portrays them or the act as terrorist I feel we should not give them the glory of a word that has a meaning of striking fear in others, but something that portrays them for what they really are no matter what race, religion, or country they decend from. I feel who ever did this act is a coward, shandyhool elementary school shooter was a coward, columbine, 9-11, oklahoma the list goes on.

I don't see how anyone with any sense can't agree that the person or persons who planted those bombs were cowards! The subject is Boston. No matter your political views, this is the definition of cowardly!

Remember Matt like law and order says all suspects are innocent until proven guilty in court of law.... In this case after his trial he should be hung out to dry!

Back