• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

My girl passed away today

HVani

I got home from work today and decided to get Snow out for some sunshine. When I pulled her out of her enclosure I noticed an odd smell. When I looked her over I saw that 1/4 of her back end was limp and turning black. I rushed her to the vet. She had a blood clot and it was too far up her body for surgery. The decision was made to end her suffering.

I feel numb. Snow is the first snake I ever held, my first reptile rescue. She was always so sweet and curious. It broke my heart to see her so subdued. I already miss her so much

novsnow1_zpsc4a27b12.jpg

Oh noooo... I'm so sorry to hear about this.
She is super beautiful and I'm sure she won't ever be forgotten <3

The vet he had seen corns with heart disease that led to clots but he said usually it's seen in rectics or burms. You could draw a line around her body right where the clot must have been. I feel so bad for her. I have no idea how old she was. I've had her for 3 years but she was an adult when I got her.

I'm so sorry!!! :( She was a beautiful girl!! I'm sure she had a very good life with you. May the memories of her help to ease your pain *hugs*

I'm so sorry for your loss. :( it's so hard to lose someone, especially like that.... :( My heart goes out to you.

I'm so sorry for your loss. Our corns are companions and part of the family, each having a distinct personality that is irreplaceable. She was beautiful. I'm glad she had a good human to care for her.

I'm so sorry, my friend. It's this inevitable heartbreak we voluntarily sign up for every time we get a new pet, but knowing that never makes it any easier, does it? Sorry again.

Thank you for all the kind words. It was a heart breaking situation but I have no regrets. She was a great snake and the snake that got me into it all.

I believe with time I will be getting another corn. Poor little Bison is my only one right now and we all know you can't have just one :)

Thanks again

(((((hugs)))))

I am so sorry you lost her. It is devastating when we lose a pet. Grieve all you need to, then jump back in when you are ready. We are here for you.

-Michelle

I am so sorry :( *hugs* But you gave her an awesome snakey life!! she couldn't have wished for a better mommy.

Back