• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Vincent.

Aurora314

Just a couple of pictures of Vincent. He's a 260-gram boy. No knowledge of hets in his case. Reported to be a pewter motley.

uFJRg8B.jpg

dz8c7Sg.jpg

JT99JI3.jpg

Gorgeous pewter... but he has no look of motley about him. I've always found it interesting with pewters how their saddles tend to be lighter than the ground color.

Beautiful!!
Just out of curiousity, how long is he? He looks thinner than 260g, but I'm only looking at pictures so what do I know ;)

Thanks! I haven't had the opportunity to measure him, as he is very active and still at the seller's store (he's on layaway). It was the store's weigh in, so I don't really know his age. He's a little bigger than my yearling, but then I've learned that snakes all grow at their own rate, so I'm not sure. Perhaps on my next visit I will bring along a string and try! :)

Gorgeous pewter... but he has no look of motley about him. I've always found it interesting with pewters how their saddles tend to be lighter than the ground color.

I'm no expert but it looks motley patterned in the last pic?

and I am less of an expert and I was thinking Hurricane Motley. Reminds me of when I first started playing on computers and crashed my first one. The repair guy told me I knew just enough to be dangerous.

The belly has no checkers. I thought that meant Motley.

Pewters always have white bellies because they are diffused and charcoal, and diffused makes it have a white belly as well. Which is why it can be hard to tell if it's also motley.

One of the reasons I was asking about the effect of motley and diffused in the same snake is that pewter snakes are, I believe, diffused charcoal. The diffused gene eliminates belly checkers, but so does motley. (?)

Do pewter snakes have bright white bellies, or bellies that are ground color? My Vincent's belly color is more of a gray than a white.

Not knowing anything about patterns etc to be able to help but just popping on to say that he looks gorgeous :D Lovely colours (whether they are pewter or pewter motley ;) )

Pewter Motley

Here's the pic you requested. Sorry it took me so long to get it.

The pattern is pretty faded, so it's hard to tell it's even Motley now. Here's the same animal as a hatchling.

Attachments

• DSCN4329.JPG
    DSCN4329.JPG
    85 KB · Views: 29
  • DSCN4330.JPG
    DSCN4330.JPG
    83.3 KB · Views: 29
  • DSCN2998.JPG
    DSCN2998.JPG
    83.9 KB · Views: 29
Back