• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Working my way through Murphy's Law

Chromatic Corns

Just one more
I knew I should have read that post that is stickied to the top of this page. So far I have had one clutch laid but the mom is on a hunger strike and has me worried. Two other planned breedings went south when both females probed as males (seriously, why didn't I probe them sooner!) another pair played the "who wants to be opaque now?" Game and now she wants nothing to do with him and yes she probed as female. Another pair locked nicely but when they were all done there was no evidence so I don't know what to think of that and when I paired them a second time he ignored her. I still will be super happy if Winter starts eating again and half her clutch hatches and eats.

Winter might just be refusing because she's blue. My males will all breed when they are blue. Females, nope. But that gives you 50% more breeding times, if you give the males a try. I've had THREE females "turn" male. From well-known, experienced breeders. Everyone can and will make a mistake.

I keep putting them together until the female refuses twice in a row.

At least you haven't gotten to the rest of the list, yet. Hatchling problems are the worst.

Well, females requiring surgery would be the worst, I guess.

At least now boiled pinks for refusers is pretty widely known- so you have one REALLY good trick up your sleeve. And let them get hungry.

Back