CornSnakes.com Forums

CornSnakes.com Forums (https://www.cornsnakes.com/forums/index.php)
-   Health Issues/Feeding Problems (https://www.cornsnakes.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Bad/Incomplete Shed: What To Do (https://www.cornsnakes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=56170)

Nanci 06-10-2009 05:10 AM

Lila was bred by Supernova Reptiles, and came to me through Waldo on this site. Thank you!

TxMomto4 09-12-2009 12:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nanci (Post 496011)
Next, take your beautiful snake out for a photoshoot in her new skin!

Thanks for looking- hopefully this will help someone down the line!

Nanci

WOW!! Just the advice I needed!! THANKS!!!!!

PS. BEAUTIFUL snake!! LOVE THE COLOR!

Cornflake514 12-29-2009 11:11 PM

I believe it was you that commented on my post about first time feeding and an incomplete shed.
I got my snake about a week ago, and his scales aren't as bad as the ones in the pics, but they are kinda flakey. Thanks for the advice, and your "photo shoot" pics are so cute. :D I'm going to give my little guy some time to digest then give this a try.
Thanks again.

Teddy Roosevelt 12-29-2009 11:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KDRGM (Post 782122)
Maloof............. it does work on tip of tail..... i have just done it with my Amel, I put her in feed box with water (70*) left her twenty minutes and voila there it was on the towel ( she also left me something else..........a poop lol)

NANCI.......thank you for such a great post and explanation with pics too , I would have known how to remove it otherwise

thanx again

Kev

LOL! Nanci forgot to mention the effect warm water has on a snake's bowels...

Tracee 12-31-2009 07:44 AM

Nanci, could you make this thread a sticky with your new found powers? :)
I often go to link to it and can't find it quick enough.

Nanci 12-31-2009 08:07 AM

Hmmm- I'll have to investigate how to do that! When I wrote the thread I tried to make it a title I would remember because I knew I'd be referring people to it a lot!

salvadorian 12-31-2009 12:09 PM

So is there need to worry when a snake is "in blue" for too long? How long are they in blue?

Nanci 12-31-2009 12:13 PM

You can't do anything to speed the shed along, anyway. The whole process can take up to two weeks for a cornsnake, but two weeks is longer than usual. I'd estimate about 7-12 days for the entire process, depending on how good you are at detecting the very first signs.

salvadorian 12-31-2009 12:24 PM

Alright. That puts me a little more at ease. Thank you!

KDRGM 12-31-2009 05:16 PM

Is going to agree with Nanci, mine usualy take 7-12 days like Nanci sed "if you know the signs " :)

Pepper...... I knew the effects, just didnt think ske would poop, she pretty shy snake :):)

i also think this should be "Stickied" :)