CornSnakes.com Forums

CornSnakes.com Forums (https://www.cornsnakes.com/forums/index.php)
-   Corn Snakes Wanted (https://www.cornsnakes.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Looking for an older (7+ year old) Corn Snake for pet-keeping (https://www.cornsnakes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=146672)

ronlina 01-09-2022 01:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JesseWolf (Post 1743576)
Oh! What a coincidence! I got my first corn snake from SerpenCo as well. Sadly, it passed away a few years ago after being diagnosed with IBD (inclusion body disease). Unfortunately, I couldn't afford the money for the treatment, and I think I will never forget myself for not getting pet insurance. Please check this article to learn more about the benefits of owning pet insurance https://www.petinsurancereview.com/i...rance-worth-it . P.S. A friend of mine is selling his (3 years) for an excellent price (150 dollars). If you're interested, I can share with you his contacts.

It's true!! I wish I'd known about pet insurance back when I had her, too. She was really such a great snake and loved to be handled. Sorry to hear about your little guy!

I'm going to see about one of the other offers above but will check back if it doesn't work out!

ronlina 01-09-2022 01:47 AM

(I wrote to Vin Man last year above but I was too late--apparently I need to check my notifications settings for the forum here)

SnakeCreations 01-09-2022 10:56 PM

Hi There,

I have a few retired breeders I'm looking to sell. Hit me up and we can chat.

-Tonya

tdbadeaux 10-02-2022 06:30 PM

How old

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Vinman 10-02-2022 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ronlina (Post 1743784)
(I wrote to Vin Man last year above but I was too late--apparently I need to check my notifications settings for the forum here)

I wish I would have known you were still looking I just sold an proven breeder blood red female.

ronlina 10-18-2022 08:43 PM

Aw man, too bad. Thank you for the reply though! Who knew it'd be so hard to find an older snake? (I'm definitely not looking to breed them just to be clear to anyone reading, but figured retired breeders were more likely to be older snakes that people might be getting rid of.)

Definitely reach out if you have another snake you may be getting rid of! I don't know why, but I do somehow often prefer female snakes.

I almost adopted a snake through this forum this year as a response to this request, but the poor snake had a freak health problem, so the owner is keeping her now. I suppose I can wait, though--still looking! Maybe at some point my husband will give in and we'll just get a baby one anyway, haha. But in the meantime I'll keep looking around.

ronlina 11-06-2022 01:38 AM

Just wanted to update this thread that, after a few years of no luck and near-hits on older corn snake, my husband caved! So I'm just going to get a hatchling/baby snake and start in on the long lovely haul of corn snake keeping. Thank you for everyone who has expressed interest and given advice! It was apparently just in the cards for me to get a little one. (And now after looking at images for days and days, I wish I had enough space in my apartment for them all!)

Vinman 11-10-2022 01:06 AM

I'm in the bronx I have a bunch of different size corn snakes for sale

Vinman 11-10-2022 01:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ronlina (Post 1745119)
Just wanted to update this thread that, after a few years of no luck and near-hits on older corn snake, my husband caved! So I'm just going to get a hatchling/baby snake and start in on the long lovely haul of corn snake keeping. Thank you for everyone who has expressed interest and given advice! It was apparently just in the cards for me to get a little one. (And now after looking at images for days and days, I wish I had enough space in my apartment for them all!)

Call me from 10 am to 11 pm 347 736 3997

ronlina 11-10-2022 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vinman (Post 1745128)
Call me from 10 am to 11 pm 347 736 3997

I ended up getting a lavender corn snake I liked the picture of, but I will keep you in mind if I ever end up with the space for another, or if I hear of anyone (especially local) wanting a corn snake! I saw your post about the bloodreds and think I found your craigslist ad. Are you also on Morph Market? The babies in your post look gorgeous, though I was being more picky on what morph I wanted since I was getting a baby and wanted a lavender or similar color family. Thank you for reaching out, and I wish you luck in finding them homes!