CornSnakes.com Forums

CornSnakes.com Forums (https://www.cornsnakes.com/forums/index.php)
-   Discussions about this site (https://www.cornsnakes.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   SITE RULES... (https://www.cornsnakes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=91825)

Roy Munson 11-20-2009 06:06 PM

SITE RULES...

...or more accurately, site rules violations as they appear in the infractions system:

-Abusive towards other members (1 pt.)
-Inappropriate advertising (1 pt.)
-Profanity (2 pts.)
-Antagonism toward moderators (4 pts.)
-Racist/Prejudicial remarks (4 pts.)
-Actual or implied threats (5 pts.)

Cumulative penalties:

10 pts.: Immediate 3-day ban
20 pts.: 1-month ban
30 pts.: Permanent ban
30 pts. (Spamming): Immediate permanent ban

I'm going to sticky this here, in "New Members," and in "Gen. Chit-Chat." I'll leave this one open for serious discussion. I'll delete non-serious posts. Save your comedy for other threads.

CaptBogart 11-20-2009 06:10 PM

How long are the points good for? Yearly or lifetime?

Lennycorn 11-20-2009 06:10 PM

Just wondering... after some time (of good behavior) are the points drop or do you have them for life???

Lennycorn 11-20-2009 06:13 PM

Sorry meant to add this...is there a way to find out how many points we have so far???

Roy Munson 11-20-2009 06:21 PM

1. I really don't know when the points drop off. But the mods aren't restricted to the system, so if a member creates enough difficulty, they'll probably be booted anyway. I don't advise testing it.

2. I can see infractions in user profiles, but I don't know if you can. Responsible members won't need to worry.

vetusvates 11-20-2009 06:39 PM

When I got mine, twice x 2pts = 4 total for profanity, I think Susan said they lasted for a year. (Implied, but clearly implied profanity.) There is an "Infractions" tab on my Profile page. I can see them. I just assumed everyone else could, too.
They are also just above my rep points on my "User CP" page.
By the way, that was back in March and April, when I was still pretty new. It hurt and was embarrassing, but I deserved them. I learned to behave more appropriately. This is the first and only forum I have ever been in, so I have been clumsier than most in learning forum etiquette.

wstphal 11-20-2009 06:45 PM

Does using punctuation characters instead of letters count as profanity? I don't want to run afoul of that rule unintentionally & prefer to do something like t&^s rather than spell out the work.

Roy Munson 11-20-2009 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wstphal (Post 989524)
Does using punctuation characters instead of letters count as profanity? I don't want to run afoul of that rule unintentionally & prefer to do something like t&^s rather than spell out the work.

Yes, implied profanity counts. But like many of the rules, enforcement can be subjective. The admin/mod team doesn't work by committee.

This presents another point. Don't expect consistency in enforcement of site rules. Susan and I are not required to deal with all potential problems in the same way. If you run afoul of her in an area that I seemed to be tolerant, tough feces. And vice versa, of course.

vetusvates 11-20-2009 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wstphal (Post 989524)

Yes it does. That is what I got one of my infractions for. I have seen it ignored many times (the use of symbols for obvious letters),...but mine was used in a heated inflammatory sense, so I think I earned that infraction fair and square.

snakewispera snr 11-21-2009 08:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vetusvates (Post 989521)
When I got mine, twice x 2pts = 4 total for profanity, I think Susan said they lasted for a year. (Implied, but clearly implied profanity.) There is an "Infractions" tab on my Profile page. I can see them. I just assumed everyone else could, too.
They are also just above my rep points on my "User CP" page.
By the way, that was back in March and April, when I was still pretty new. It hurt and was embarrassing, but I deserved them. I learned to behave more appropriately. This is the first and only forum I have ever been in, so I have been clumsier than most in learning forum etiquette.

There's a date next to them as well that tells you when your time is up for infractions...
I also see mine in the User CP section ...
I got mine for making a witty comment, no profanity or anything....
It says abusive to another member.... Which on reflection, it was... I still think it was funny though...... But I won't be doing it again... LOL