CornSnakes.com Forums

CornSnakes.com Forums (https://www.cornsnakes.com/forums/index.php)
-   Corn Snake Photo Gallery (https://www.cornsnakes.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   My corn collection (https://www.cornsnakes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=145612)

67temp 12-07-2017 02:18 PM

My corn collection

5 Attachment(s)
This is my collection of corns. Some of them I'll have to update their pictures later once they are done shedding.

My first snake was Ruby Rhod. I got him in the spring at repticon in Baltimore. He is amel and maybe motely. My second snake was Zorg. I found him on craiglist. He is anery het amel.

67temp 12-07-2017 02:19 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Next I bought Hannibal. I found him on morphmarket. I liked him because he looks like he has camouflage on. He is honey bloodred ph amel, and cinder with caramel Miami lineage from one of the parents. After a little research I found out he was previously bought to be a breeder and was originally produced by Walter Smith. Hatched 05/02/17

67temp 12-07-2017 02:23 PM

3 Attachment(s)
A week later I got Clarice who is Hannibal’s sister. She is honey het bloodred ph amel and cinder. Hatched 05/02/17

When I ordered Clarice I also got Captain Skullcrusher Sunflower. He is Miami bloodred het motely and amel. Hatched 06/05/17. Both of these came from Walter Smith.

67temp 12-07-2017 02:30 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Next was a pair we just call the twins. They are 1.1 . The parents were “almond het amel motley x ultramel het almond motley ph anery 10 eggs laid 6-30-17 Hatched 9-3-17 One of them might be an ultramel lavender instead (the female I think) and the male may be an Almond (caramel lavender)” They came from Sarah Mohr as pet only due to kinks, and not yet proven to be feeding. We don’t really care what their morph is they are loved just the same. My wife wanted to name them with celestial names. The girl got named luna. The boy I named Bettlejuice after the red giant star that is one of the ones on Orins belt (also after the classic movie).

Bettlejuice was a fight for the first month or two. He started out about 4g and roughly 6” with noticeable kinks. He refused live and f/t pinks even with scenting from geckos and mice and placing in deli cups. He had to be force fed egg yoke a few times. One day I couldn’t get pinks from my normal supplier so had to get them from someone else. My normal place had pinks that were about 2 days old, this new place had ones less than a day old. Once I figured out he likes live super tiny pinks he has had 6 successful feedings in a row and nearly doubled in weight. Now that he is putting on some weight and eating his kinks are a little less noticeable. At just 3 months old now he has already tried coiling on his pinks the last two feedings.

67temp 12-07-2017 02:34 PM

3 Attachment(s)
I was working the next repticon with a friend that was selling axolotls. I was eyeing up this pretty pewter female het for hypo and stripe. The vendor had a friend set up with them and it was same person I had bought Zorg from. I told them if she was still available after 2 days at the end of show I wanted her. Well at the end of the show they found me and asked if I still wanted her, so I took her home. She is named Pew-Pew. She was a feisty little thing and would strike when I put my hand in the tank. She is finally starting to calm down and getting use to handling. It’s probably going to be a while more before she approaches my hand to be picked up like some of my other corns. Even though she is in shed she doesn't really change color much.

67temp 12-07-2017 02:39 PM

5 Attachment(s)
Next was Zelda & Link. Miami’s are my favorite. I don’t have facebook, but my wife was following Carol Huddleston for me. Early Nov. my wife tells me Carol has a few listed on her page. They may have been possible hold backs. Zelda is a female Miami with nice thick borders to her saddles. Link is a male Miami that is motely/stripe possibly motely/tessera. His fathers picture is included, hopefuly he looks like dad once he gets bigger.

67temp 12-07-2017 02:45 PM

5 Attachment(s)
I picked up two more from Walter Smith.

Beatrix is a female Caramel Miami het Sunkissed Amel Cinder Bloodred. Hatched 05/26/17. Looking at her parents photos she will be stunning once her colors fill out.

Gothi is a female Miami het Amel (Candycane). One parent was a candycane Miami and the other was a tesserae Miami. Hatched 06/18/17.

67temp 12-07-2017 02:54 PM

4 Attachment(s)
The most recent on was posted on craigslist for the last two month. The owner stated that he was 2 years old and was feeding him a fuzzy every week. He was set up in a 36x18 exoterra which was huge for his size. He also had no heat in his tank. The first two pics are of the craigslist add. Got him home and he weighed in at 47g, it's going to take a long time to get him back up to where he should be. He is named mouse because of how small he is.

Shiari 12-07-2017 08:05 PM

They are all lovely. Your first snake, the amel, is not a motley.

Dragonling 12-08-2017 12:03 AM

Great collection! You've got some really nice corns in that group!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shiari (Post 1730717)
Your first snake, the amel, is not a motley.

Damnit, Megan, you beat me to it. :)

67temp 12-08-2017 07:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shiari (Post 1730717)
They are all lovely. Your first snake, the amel, is not a motley.

lol yeah I figured that. It's just what the person I got him from had told me. They probably got confused because the orange circles between the saddles had a white border and is a slightly different shade than the orange background.

April0684 12-08-2017 10:33 AM

Really nice, I love their names!

MysticExotics 12-09-2017 11:52 AM

Beautiful collection! I especially love the Miami's, those are my favorite as well.

Who is Gothi from?

67temp 12-11-2017 07:49 AM

Gothi is one of my 5 from Walter Smith. She was from clutch #48 this year.

67temp 12-28-2017 07:27 AM

4 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by MysticExotics (Post 1730753)
Beautiful collection! I especially love the Miami's, those are my favorite as well.

Who is Gothi from?

MysticExotics, after some reading on here it looks like the female Walter used to make Gothi came actually came from you. :D

http://www.cornsnakes.com/forums/sho...22&postcount=6

Since Hannibal and Skull-crusher were in blue when I did the last photo shoot, I managed to find some time this weekend to get updated pics of those two instead of their baby pictures.

Hannibal -

67temp 12-28-2017 07:40 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Skull-crusher (aka baconface because it looks like he has strips of bacon on his cheeks) -

67temp 04-09-2018 08:42 AM

3 Attachment(s)
I managed to hold off on buying any more corns for a while. I only had a pewter stripe on my want list. A week ago I was browsing on kingsnake and saw one that had pretty unique eyes (red pupil and blue iris). The seller was semi local and was also vending at a show I was at this past weekend. She was listed as a blue eyed snow or ultramel anery. The first two pics are from the seller. Once I got her I checked her belly and it is lacking any checkering.

67temp 04-09-2018 08:46 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I was only planning on picking up the 1 snake this weekend but plans change and I ended up getting a total of 3. I let my wife talk me into getting an orange Halloween amazon tree boa.

During the show another vendor I'm friends with waved me over to her booth. I help this vendor take care of the reptiles she breeds, care for her personal collection of snakes, and setup for shows. I was expecting her to ask me to watch her table while she ran to the bathroom or got something to eat. Nope instead I get "Hey, I want to buy this retic but I don't have any extra room. Do you want one of my corns?". So this is my new guy, he already had the name Demitri. He is an amel het charcoal ph anery and originally came from Sarah's snake shop. He's going to take a little while to get him use to being handled.

Looks like I'm going to have a bunch in quartine now.

LDELPLATO 04-11-2018 06:23 PM

Hannibal is real awesome, what's he made of? Lol

67temp 04-12-2018 07:23 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by LDELPLATO (Post 1732459)
Hannibal is real awesome, what's he made of? Lol

Thanks!

Dame - Honey bloodred het amel
Sir - Miami caramel het sunkissed, amel, cinder and blood red
Hannibal - Honey (caramel & sunkissed) bloodred with Miami lineage, PH amel and cinder.

Pics of the parents:

DollysMom 04-12-2018 07:47 AM

Your snakes are absolutely stunning. You have got yourself a great collection there. Besides being beautiful, you can't beat corn snakes for temperament, so it's the best of all worlds to have so many lovely corns.

67temp 04-13-2018 07:23 AM

2 Attachment(s)
The weather has been nice the past few days so some of the crew got outside for fresh air, exercise and pictures. I wish my photography skills were a little better.

Ruby Rhod "R" -

67temp 04-13-2018 07:31 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Clarice and Gothi

67temp 04-13-2018 07:32 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Pew Pew - The camera never seems to truly capture her metallic color.

67temp 04-13-2018 07:33 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Zorg "Z"

LDELPLATO 04-17-2018 06:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 67temp (Post 1732470)
Thanks!

Dame - Honey bloodred het amel
Sir - Miami caramel het sunkissed, amel, cinder and blood red
Hannibal - Honey (caramel & sunkissed) bloodred with Miami lineage, PH amel and cinder.

Pics of the parents:

Any chance you're making anymore lol?

67temp 04-17-2018 07:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LDELPLATO (Post 1732551)
Any chance you're making anymore lol?

He is one of my future breeders, but he still has till probably next season before him and the females are ready. I have two girls with a similar list of genes as him. My goal with that line is to make honey miamis. The bloodred would just be a bonus.

If you're looking for one sooner I would check out waltersmith's site. He might be producing more of them this year once they start hatching.

https://www.wscornsnakes.com/

67temp 05-01-2018 08:31 PM

5 Attachment(s)
It was a nice day outside and my apple trees are in bloom, so I took the chance for some new pics.

Beatrix - caramel miami
Hannibal - honey bloodred w miami linage

67temp 05-01-2018 08:32 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Skullcrusher - bloodred miami

CornsAustria 05-01-2018 11:47 PM

Nice !
Why bloodred miami ? Is he from an miami line ?

67temp 05-02-2018 07:48 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Skullcrushers sire was a normal Miami het bloodred, the dame was a bloodred Miami. So both parents were Miamis. He is showing more red on the sides than his mother. The first and last 6" he looks more like a normal background but he does have the steel grey of the Miami between the saddles along his back.

Hypancistrus 05-19-2018 11:27 AM

Lovely corns!! I am just getting back into corns and hope to get one of Carol's "top shelf" Miami's this year.

67temp 05-21-2018 03:10 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I hadn't seen this guy for about the last 1.5 weeks since he was in blue. I tossed his mouse in the tank and left him alone. When I came back to check on him a couple of hours later he had shed, eaten his mouse and was lounging in his hammock.

disclaimer: crappy lighting and cell pic.

Hypancistrus 05-22-2018 07:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 67temp (Post 1733038)
I hadn't seen this guy for about the last 1.5 weeks since he was in blue. I tossed his mouse in the tank and left him alone. When I came back to check on him a couple of hours later he had shed, eaten his mouse and was lounging in his hammock.

disclaimer: crappy lighting and cell pic.

That is too funny. I've never seen a snake actually use those hammocks, only beardies.

67temp 05-22-2018 09:24 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hypancistrus (Post 1733043)
That is too funny. I've never seen a snake actually use those hammocks, only beardies.

Previously my retic was housed in this tank and he did the same thing. My carpet would probably use one too if I gave her a hammock.

67temp 06-15-2018 07:41 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Recently while putting away laundry I looked up and saw this curious little face pressed to the glass watching me.

MysticExotics 06-16-2018 05:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 67temp (Post 1730953)
MysticExotics, after some reading on here it looks like the female Walter used to make Gothi came actually came from you. :D

http://www.cornsnakes.com/forums/sho...22&postcount=6

Since Hannibal and Skull-crusher were in blue when I did the last photo shoot, I managed to find some time this weekend to get updated pics of those two instead of their baby pictures.

Hannibal -

Too funny!
Yes, he bought one of the siblings to my male, Brokk, from the 1st generation Miami Tessera project I did with my friend Tara in 2011.
Here's the thread to that clutch.

*Apparently I linked the wrong clutch, here's the correct one, and I have added photos of the parents to it.
http://www.cornsnakes.com/forums/sho...17#post1733517

When he later paired that female with the Amel male, we discovered that there was Amel in the Miami Tessera line.

I later tested Brokk for Amel, with this clutch http://www.cornsnakes.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=143626

I don't mean to hijack your thread, I thought you might like some background on Gothi. :)

MysticExotics 06-16-2018 05:23 AM

1 Attachment(s)
The initial reason I asked about Gothi, is her head pattern reminds me of my male, Brokk, who is out of the same clutch as Walter's female Miami Tessera.

67temp 06-18-2018 09:20 PM

No worreis about the thread hijack! Forums are for open discussions. ;)

It's kinda cool how Gothi and her uncle brokk have the same head stamp. I like getting as much lineage info as possible. Are there any pics of taz (from tara ) posted on this forum?

67temp 06-18-2018 09:35 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Zorg again, he must be competing for some cuteness award I don't know about.