View Single Post
Old 08-28-2011, 11:54 PM   #49
srhone
First Escape....

I just got home from work a couple of hours ago, and went to get my snake out for some hang out time. I looked under her favorite hide, her coconut shell, and she was not there. No big deal, I looked in her new hide I just got her yesterday, no luck, third hide...nothing...trying not to freak out, I thought "she's probably under the water bowl...nope. By this time I had all of her hides and her bowl out, so I sifted through all of her aspen. Notta. I just changed her bedding and put in a new hide last night, so I know she can't have been gone for too long, but I am also highly worried because I have a dog and a cat at my house. (I am more worried about the cat, the dog would probably be afraid of the snake.) Then I found this post, and realized that I have the SAME hide that everyone was having to saw apart to get their snake out. Sooooooo, now I am waiting on my husband to get home in half an hour to help me try to take apart this hide. I am really, really hoping she is in there! I have clamps on the cage, and I have had her for almost two months without an escape, and she is still pretty small, so I don't *think* she could push the lid up with the clamps on. I am now reconsidering the clamps in favor of a slide on lid however....anyway...this is my first post here but have been reading for a while when I was thinking about getting my snake. I am so worried about her. Will let you know what I find out....I left the hide sitting on my bed for a few mins (before I saw the post about this hide), but I don't think she would have gotten out in that amount of time if she is in the hollowed part like the other snakes were.