View Single Post
Old 08-07-2012, 02:09 PM   #62
OkeeteeMom
Quote:
Originally Posted by braingarble View Post
I know this is an old thread, but the same thing happened to me....with the same cage decoration/log hide. I purchase this from my local petsmart.

http://www.petsmart.com/product/inde...uctId=11147241

Even though I could not figure out how my snake would have escaped, I started setting tape traps. After two days of this nonsense, I went with my instinct...I carefully drilled a small hole at the very top of the hide. After all the noise and moving around, she came slinking out of the bottom of the hide.....In the blue.

Needless to say, this item no longer resides in her vivarium. It is near impossible to see this hole/access without turning it upside down and on an angle.

Just wanted to let anyone know this was not a unique experience with this item, but looks more like a design flaw.

-braingarble

I've got to agree about it being a major design flaw! IF the ornament is cut at the correct angle, the new hole faces the back of the viv and is not visible.

The hide is now in Big Cat's viv and he seems to like it a lot...he's even camo'd in it! I'll post another pic as soon as I catch him in it.