Thread: Dazzling video!
View Single Post
Old 06-09-2016, 07:41 PM   #17
DollysMom
So true on the lens speed and ISO, Karl. OTOH, I love image stabilization. 19 point autofocus certainly has its advantages, especially when I can choose just one of those points when I want to .

13 inches is the distance that sticks in my mind but I'm not sure at the moment. The camera does have portrait and a whole bunch of other preprogramed settings, but frankly they don't buy me anything that being well-versed in aperture priority and shutter priority won't buy me. And one of the beauties is that I can take a hundred shots and delete 99 and not really have wasted a thing.

At least the noise of this sensor is good up to ISO 1600, decent at 3200 and still usable at 6400. Remember, we couldn't pixel peep back in the day either.

Even with an entry-level camera and considering crop factor, the current sensors are just getting more and more capable. That's one reason I invested in the current model and didn't get one from two or three years ago to save money that way.

Both the sensor and the image processing in camera are ever evolving. Also this camera has built-in Wi-Fi, which is really great for a web head like me. Film has it's place but I'm just not going back to it

It's still all trade-offs. Ever was and I venture to guess ever it shall be.

In many ways one can no longer make as many direct comparisons between film SLRs and digital SLRs. They are two different animals. Sorta like copperheads and corn snakes. One kind of looks like the other at first glance but once you know the difference they're not really the same at all.

Oh heavens, I've rambled all over the place again. Thanks Karl, for your thoughts. Thanks for listening to mine.