View Single Post
Old 12-05-2021, 07:50 PM   #10
Rich Z
Quote:
Originally Posted by ksekres View Post
She does that only in the evening, temp on the floor on that specific place is 29-29.9 celcius not over 30, controlling it by thermoregulator and termometer sticked to the bottom where she has no option to go. I heat only the coco hide so not more than 1/3 of the container. Opposite side is room temp which is around 24-25 degrees celcius, where she has a hide, Water in the middle and the third hide. Now in the morning she lays peacufully in the coco on the warm side. I think she just wants to escape in the evening, also she digs a lot too

Wysłane z mojego Redmi Note 8 Pro przy użyciu Tapatalka
Your temps don't sound bad. I was afraid you had the cage just too warm and she was laying up against the glass to try to cool down.

General rule of thumb I would go by is that if a corn snake is on the prowl, there is something it is looking for that is not in the cage, or the cage has something in it that they don't like and want to get away from.

Any snake on the prowl in the wild when it really doesn't need to be is potentially a meal for a predator. So by nature they are prone to be sedentary when they are content with their surroundings and lacking pressing internal urges.