View Single Post
Old 08-14-2013, 05:46 AM   #6
slangenbroed
Ok
Buf is a dominant gene discoverd in 2001 in holland its a hypoerythristic gene and made a amel into orange.
Toffee is also a dominant gene discoverd in i beleef 2006-2008 in Germany and looks the same and act the same.
This discoveries are made 200 km from each other, the discossion is, if this gene is the same or not the same.
But there is never made a testbreeding between theese genes, so i get a auratumstriped ( Toffee-amel- striped)male and cross him to a Orange het motley female ( Buf-amel-het motley )Becouse this genes are dominant there must be a hetro and a homosygoot form, but they look the same you can not tell witch one is het ore homo, not until breedings are done.
Example Buf
Bn = Buf B for buf, n for wildtype, when we cross a buf to a buf , the punnet square says.

-----B--------n
B----BB------Bn
n----Bn------nn

BB is the buf in homo form
Bn is the buf in hetero form
nn is wildtype

The BB and the Bn looks the same

The Toffee gene act the same.
Now a made this first testbreeding from Buf-amel x Toffee-amel ( let the motley and stripe away )
One thing we now everything must be amel 100%
I got 6 eggs al 6 are amel that ok ,but also Buf ore Toffee becouse all the offspring is Orange .I can not see any difference between them as a wrote.
What i ment with the homo thing is. If the toffee is homosygoot TT then al the ofspring is Toffee-amel ( auratum )But where is the buf there must be buf in the game.If buf and toffee are the same then all animals look the same ( Orange ).If buf and toffee is not the same , this breeding would produce differentsie thats my opinion