Thread: New to Forum
View Single Post
Old 04-14-2022, 06:43 AM   #4
Ratvan
So I currently have my 50cm x 30cm x 30cm QT ta k cleaned up and I have also ordered a larger vivarium and cabinet stand for the long term (120cm × 60cm x 60cm).

I think for the time being that I will leave the waterfall idea alone as checking my natural humidity with the reef tank my house sits at 40-50% naturally so I don't really want to further increase that. I don't want to run a dehumidifier as this will affect the PH of the reef tank.

The long term scaping plans are similar to the photo attached but I hope to be able to make this look more natural then staged. Thankfully with reef keeping I have a large supply of polystyrene, silicone and sands, pebbles, rocks and all sorts of building materials that I can make the scape from.

Just starting to look at heating options and I think I will go for the heat lamp as opposed to the heat mats as these I have used in the past and do not like them and have had several issues in the past with these products. Also I think that it would be cool to have a dedicated basking rock up high under the heat lamp, plus I can hide the bulbs from the display fairly easily. The only real thing that I am unsure about (except the bio active start) is the need for UVB, I can get a full spectrum daylight bulb for lighting but is this actually required.