Thread: New to Forum
View Single Post
Old 04-17-2022, 02:05 PM   #6
Caryl
Welcome to the forum! I must say that Swim Shady is beautiful. I taught Marine Biology and Aquatic Science (among other things) for a number of years. I kept assorted things in the classroom including aquaria, but I never had a reef tank. Summers would've been hard on it in too many ways.

Natural tanks are wonderful for corns, and for people looking at them. Definitely do consider, as Olivia mentioned, that your snake will at some point lodge itself into a nook or cranny. It won't be stuck, but you may have a hard time getting it out if you want to for any reason. They can fit into and through amazingly tiny holes.

It sounds like you have the materials and the skills to make the viv beautiful. As you put it together, run your hands in all directions over everything to check for sharp or too-rough spots. Assume your snake is wants to kill itself. Your job is to prevent it from reaching that goal. Sounds extreme, I know, but is a manta which has served me well with many species.

Looking forward to seeing pics as you get your future snake's home put together.

Sent from my SM-A716U1 using Tapatalk