View Single Post
Old 12-15-2017, 12:47 AM   #7
Rich Z
Quote:
Originally Posted by SODERBERGD View Post
When I win the lottery, I'm ALL OVER THIS. Awesome footage, Rich.
Heck Don, this thing is relatively inexpensive. Truthfully I am astonished at the quality/cost equation. I was looking at DJI products that were easily 2 to 4 times more expensive. For $400 I really don't see anything out there even close in quality at that price point.

I read a LOT of reviews about this thing, and it gets high marks from just about everyone. Some noted a problem with the gimbal throwing the horizon off kilter sometimes, but even in those cases, the problem appears to be fixable. Honestly I think mine is a little off kilter too, but I don't think it is going to bother me any. At least not right away.

Hopefully longevity and related reliability will not be a factor down the road, but the technology with this stuff is moving pretty quickly, so I would imagine that when components wear out on this thing, there will be something newer and better available anyway.

Check out YouTube videos on the Xiaomi Mi 4K drone. I was pretty impressed with what I saw, obviously. I have a feeling that the company is blowing them out the door cheaply to get themselves established in the marketplace. So the attractive pricing might not last too long.

Unfortunately, the only places selling the thing are in China. But I got it delivered in just a hair over three weeks, so it isn't too bad. And shipping was for free.