Thread: Weird behavior
View Single Post
Old 01-31-2021, 07:30 PM   #8
SnakeCreations
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicktendo View Post
Thank you tonya. I will definitely do that! Do you have a link to a chart or something to tell me how many pinkies based on weight and when I need to go bigger?
I am a fan of the munson plan (use the search function in this forum to find it). I modify it a bit for breeding females, and some individual snakes. What I like most about the guide is that you get an idea of the appropriate size prey based upon the weight of your snake, no matter how often you feed her. It's difficult to purchase mice online, or even from a local store, that is 1 1/2 times the width of your snake if you cannot visually compare. I'm sure that the people at petco would frown upon me pulling mice out of their freezer...

For how how often I feed, it truly depends upon the snake and my work schedule. I loosely follow the chart and shake things up all the time. I make a plan at the beginning of the week and try to meet those feeding schedules. Watch your snake, she'll give you cues and you'll know when she starts to look a little thick, or lean for that matter. Every snake is different. I've heard many reputable breeders say that slower growth is better and healthier for your snake.

Good luck!

Tonya