View Single Post
Old 05-18-2022, 10:45 PM   #1
schnekkie
Hi from Portland

Hello, I'm Chrissie and got this little guy in December off of a group chat from someone who was getting divorced and needed to re-home him. I've never had a snake before or even been around them but had been wanting a pet that doesn't shed (fur) or is otherwise too high maintenance. This is the perfect pet for me. I named him Krtek after an adorable little Czech cartoon character I randomly discovered on YouTube a few years ago. Krtek the Snek. I mostly just call him Schnekkie, though. I believe he's a granite but I really don't know. Is he really a boy? Also unverified information. I've worked to learn as much as I can to make him comfortable and thrive, and have prioritized building his trust, and the reward has been discovering the cutest little personality. Curious, relaxed, tongue-flicking little busybody happy to cruise around the table and keep me company as I draw, as well as do security checks. Kind of like a mall cop. I ordered a nice enclosure from Animal Plastics but they are several thousand weeks out, it feels like, so I build him little climbing toys and stack up flat boxes and cut little openings for him to explore when I have him out. He shed today and is full of energy. His previous shed was in March. Here are some photos.

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk