View Single Post
Old 06-10-2022, 11:49 PM   #2
Caryl
Sounds like your girl is a lucky snake. And I love the description: "like having a toddler who eats mice." That's pretty great! Changing the boxes and such around is fine. You can add textures like maybe a handful of plastic bead necklaces, or a small pile of clothing. If it's your clothing, she'd smell your familiar scent, too.

I'm a fan of letting them be active in a safe way. If you have a chance to take her outdoors, they all seem to enjoy that. If you have a place she can get down on the ground and be easily visible or a bush she can safely clamber around on that's a plus. It's not necessary though. She'll just enjoy all of the new scents and sights. Just holding her outside is a treat. If you put her down, do be sure to check the area very thoroughly. Little ones can vanish in the grass pretty effectively. They will also make directly for any type of hole, which is obviously a terrible idea.

I don't know of any snake climbing toys, but there are some lot of ladders and such made for birds which are great for snakes. You can build things out of Lincoln Logs. Duplo blocks or Mega Bloks are great for building and rebuilding. You can also provide her with plants in her viv, real or fake. I just bought a bunch of cheap fake plants at Family Dollar for mine. Any sharp spots where a wire press through gets a dab of hot glue and it's snake-safe.

One other thing that comes to mind is a water bowl or a pan or something where she can swim. Those cheap aluminum pans work well. Some corns love swimming, others don't. If you give her a chance, you'll find out which category she falls into. Do be prepared for splashing. They can zoom around pretty fast in water and slosh it around. Also, it's highly possible she'll poop in the water, so don't use you favorite casserole dish.

It sounds like you're having a good time with your new snake. That's really terrific! Don't forget, we would love to see pictures!

Sent from my SM-A716U1 using Tapatalk