View Single Post
Old 01-12-2015, 10:06 AM   #112
Candy001
Thank you so much for this thread. We got our snake a couple weeks ago and everything was going pretty well and Saturday morning we couldn't find her. I tore the tank and the room apart trying to find her. I was so sad and so was my daughter. I felt like I totally screwed up 2 weeks and I already lost the snake. I couldn't figure out how she got out. I started looking up how to find her and all that and then found this thread.

And even after I was reading it I didn't think much about the log... but post after post saying the snake was in the log I thought I better check. And sure enough- I find a small hole in the log. We got the tank and accessories from the previous owner so I hadnt notice there was a cracked off part of the log since it was facing down in the tank. I took some pliers and made the hole big enough to look in and looked in with a flash light- she was slithering from one side to the other. With the bigger exit we let her decide to come out on her own and then taped it up so no more MIA.

The stupid thing was we left the cage open on the floor in case she came back to get to the heat source so she could have escaped then assuming she could get out of the log on her own.
So fairly quick happy ending luckily- not sure if it would have been without this thread! Thanks so much!!!