View Single Post
Old 12-28-2014, 10:52 AM   #4
crd106
Thanks for the input..I checked the medications on the internet and they seem to be appropriate for what the Veterinarian "thinks he may be suffering from". I definitely will continue the meds and watch him closely..He seems to still have energy although he refused a live mouse yesterday. I have read on the internet that old frozen mice can contain lots of bacteria? I will start by throwing out the frozen mice I bought at the show. I have gotten frozen pinkies and fuzzies from Big Cheese in the past and have no problems with them.

He was spending a lot of time in his water bowl....Could it be he was getting dehydrated from the frequent stools he was having? And does anyone think I should change the temp or humidity in his cage to help him recover?

I will definitely write the breeder and let him know about the illness. When we bought him I remember he smelled really bad of recal matter. I dismissed it because he was at a reptile show and I figured he had a long day of traveling in a small box and he may have went earlier. Maybe his home was not so clean? I'll never know..Fortunately for Tornado we have made a commitment to him so returning him is not really an option. Unfortunately for my wallet he got sick somewhere and I just hope he gets better soon...