View Single Post
Old 03-24-2004, 11:32 AM   #9
leia
Some great sugestions, I had a few other thoughts.

It sounds like you are just thawing the food to room temperature, I used to do that. Now I place it in a plastic bag and let that sit in a mug full of hot water, so the food will then become warm (and not have a chance to dry out), which would more resemble live food.

Also, I used to feed my snake in his enclosure, since I just used paper towels as substrate, but I learned that if given a choice, my snake would rather climb and play than eat. So now he gets no choice, I feed him in a quart sized plastic container, that way he has nothing to do but eat, and will be sure to encounter the food.

My snake was picky about eating a few times, and not eating as often as I would like, but since I've been warming the food & putting him in a smaller container to eat, he's gone for a food everytime.

Also as far as hides, it would probably be a good idea to have one at each end of the enclosure, so he can have a warm hideout and a cool one. I actually have 3 now, the 3rd being a moist hide out, in addition to the substrate, which he likes to hide in sometimes.