View Single Post
Old 06-05-2022, 12:37 PM   #20
scmartin27
Update... sort of!

So the female who I thought was possible a GB definitely is not. She's gotten bigger - almost breeding size now - and her colors seemed odd because her saddle color is so light. It's almost like Clear / colorless. But the yellow is definitely only in the borders. Photos to come eventually.

The reason I post this now is because 50 shades of corns and Somercorns have both come out and said they proved this to be incomplete dominant... I had it proven in 2020, I'm just bad at updating some information. This thread is proof though.

I am not trying to start Drama, I just want the record to be straight - I hatched my first Halo in 2011 and have been working with them since then. Steve and I named them, and I had a ton of evidence over years and years of breeding that pointed to incomplete dominant, even before the 2020 clutch 100% confirmed it.

The only reason I've been somewhat hesitant to BOLDLY say that it was definitely proven is because I wanted to be 50000% sure... The people who are saying they "proved" it have only done maybe 2-3 years of breeding trials, I've been at it for 12 as of this season.

Thanks for following on the journey, everyone in this thread!