Thread: Weird behavior
View Single Post
Old 01-31-2021, 12:11 PM   #1
Nicktendo
Question Weird behavior

Hello, I am a new snake dad. I got my first snake in November 2020. The night I brought him home he regurgitated his food the reptile shop had fed him that day. 2 weeks later he died. They offered me another anery corn snake that hadn’t missed as much meals. She was doing great until she had regurgitated her food 2 weeks ago. She’s been kinda acting like my first snake did before he died but I could just be paranoid. She’s still eating her pinky in about a minute. My first snake the only meal he ever ate in my care took him like 10 minutes. When I got juju (the 2nd corn snake) she had shed right before I got her on November 30th. It’s January 31 and she still hasn’t shed. Am I doing something wrong? Am I going to lose her like I lost my first one because she regurgitated? I’m stressed out and paranoid! It doesn’t seem like she’s growing much since I got her. Should I go up to 2 pinkies every week? Her feeding card that she had from reptile shop started on 9/12/2020 so that would make her almost 5 months old.
She’s got a humid hide and I’m always checking the temperature. Ever since she regurgitated I got a red light to put on at night so the hot side is constantly warm now. She used to come out and explore but I have noticed she is hiding more often now. Maybe she has done all the exploring she needed and now is lazy? I just don’t want to lose my baby like my first corn snake. She is flicking her tongue fast and it’s still forked. I’ve been keeping an eye on everything. I just don’t know why she isn’t growing much or hasn’t shed in 2 months of having her and if she is going to die from regurgitating her food like what happened to my first baby corn snake.. I’m constantly worrying about my baby