Thread: Connie
View Single Post
Old 08-04-2022, 02:40 PM   #32
Rich Z
Well, I guess we are doing as well as can be expected, under the circumstances.

Connie had blood work done yesterday, and the numbers are showing that the injection she had on Thursday might have been a bit of an overdose. Her numbers are a LOT higher than they should be. I don't know what all the acronyms mean, but apparently her doctor is going to discontinue those shots.

Connie was feeling pretty bad ever since the shot, but is pulling out of it. She had a lot of swelling in her legs and various and sundry pains here and there. But she is feeling pretty normal today and is trying to get some exercise by doing things around the house. She seems to have a pretty good appetite, and fortunately doesn't have the nausea that seems to plague a lot of people under chemo treatments.

As for me, I seem to be OK, even after the episode with the well pump. But I seem to be taking a lot of naps lately. Perhaps it is because I really don't have much to do, since I can't be outside doing yard work quite yet. So I will sit on the couch to read a book, and several pages later I am out like a light. Of course, I do my chores with the internet stuff, but that doesn't hold my interest much lately.

Of course, my turning 72 two weeks ago has absolutely nothing to do with the naps.

If I let down my guard, I can feel depression set in over worrying about Connie. She seems to be doing pretty well, but I know we aren't near being out of the woods yet. Ovarian cancer is pretty serious stuff. And sometimes it is just really tough for my imagination to be kept in check so it doesn't run off down those dark "what might happen" paths all around me. When it does, I do have to tap into my valium stock to pull myself back together. Fortunately that isn't very often. Honestly, when I start to feel the fraying at the edges, it gets Connie to worrying more about me than she does herself, and I really don't need to be adding that burden on her. She worries about me bottling up everything inside me, but what are my choices? When she doesn't feel well, it directly affects me. Just no way around that.

Anyway, thank you for asking.