View Single Post
Old 08-10-2020, 08:44 PM   #4
Rich Z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiari View Post
Ugggggh. I tried so hard to just stick to hypo A, too! XD

When these things showed up my first thought was "Oh gods, Rich was RIGHT!"
Before I retired I was producing animals expressing three, and maybe four of the quasi-known hypo genes. I know I had two strains in my Crimson line that I never was able to figure out. And I still had some more that were popping out that just the time involved to prove them out as being unique was more than I was willing or able to put into it. Just the time and effort involved for me to prove out the Cinder/Ashy line was pretty taxing of my resources.

I can remember bagging up some of the last of the bulk corns to go out during my last year of breeding. I had two clutches that came from my original Motley line, and darn if there weren't some obviously and unusually light colored corns among the normals, quite different from any other hypos I have seen. I thought "OH NO!!". And into the bulk bags they went to be shipped out. Of course, all those lines are dispersed to the four winds now. The guy who bought them all was never really interested in the records I kept, so they eventually went out in the trash.

But thinking about it, wouldn't it have been a real hoot to be selling animals that were het for four or more hypo genes, and let everyone else get hauled off to the booby hatch when their eggs began hatching?