View Single Post
Old 05-26-2023, 03:58 PM   #2
Caryl
Hello, welcome, glad to have you here. [emoji4] Corn snakes are wonderful outreach animals! I am a former high school teacher who had lots of classroom pets, including many corns. It was very positive for everyone. I've also done a bunch of educational outreach things with corn snakes. They're very good at/for such things. In my experience, though virtually all corns will adjust pretty easily to "normal" handling, some seem to be naturals at handling larger-scale events. (I've also noticed that certain bloodlines excel at this. Not saying others can't, just that I've noticed some are "naturals.")

As for resources to learn about the wonderful Pantherophis guttatus, you've found one! This forum has loads of info and conversations about all things corn snake. Another great resource is the MorphMarket Community platform. You can learn about the many lovely morphs on iansvivarium.com and the fb group Cornsnake Morph ID. There are also a couple of good books you can buy. They're older, but still great resources to have in hand. "Corn Snakes, The Comprehensive Owner's Guide" by Kathy & Bill Love has excellent info, as does "Corn Snakes in Captivity" by Don Soderberg.

Again, welcome! We look forward to hearing all about your future corn snake. Btw, we love pictures. [emoji3590]

Sent from my SM-A716U1 using Tapatalk