View Single Post
Old 11-10-2022, 05:24 PM   #10
Rich Z
I learned long ago that I am not an artist. I cannot create a design, but I can look at an existing one and know how I would like it to be changed to what I want. Sort of like how an engineering technician will take an electronic design from an actual electronic engineer and make it WORK.

I don't have much interest in the CO2 lasers, even though they would also work on rock, but they will not work with metals. They are also really good for wood, but the little diode laser I have will engrave wood, and it creates a LOT of smoke. I actually had to buy a larger fume/exhaust fan for the fiber laser, as rock dust from engraving the coasters was getting every where. The original small fan I got just was not strong enough to do much, whereas the new one seems to be working really well.

A friend of mine came over last week and I showed him the laser and the engraving I had been doing. He really liked them and said I should sell them. Heck, LAST thing I need is to paint myself into a corner becoming a business. I would enjoy doing the lasering, but selling and sending out the products would be a pain in the butt. So I just have to worry about reaching the point where I send too many of these things to relatives as gifts and they have to think of a subtle way to tell me to cease and desist.

Hmm, I wonder if Connie would mind if I engraved all her silverware?