CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > New Member Introductions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

New Member Introductions Getting more and more new members here, so I think we need a forum for them to introduce themselves. You old timers can do the same, if you would like.

New To Forum and Corns

Old 09-29-2005, 01:47 PM   #1
dbacker65
New To Forum and Corns

I have been keeping boa's for a few years and decided to get a pair of Okeetee corns from a breeder in Florida. A friend of mine has two and they are beautiful animals.
I know with boa's one snake per cage (except breeding time of course) is the general rule. Is this the case with corn snakes? I have a 20 gallon tank with aspen bedding and heat on one side. Can I raise them up together or is it best to keep this male and female apart until I decide to breed them?
Can I keep them together for a short time and then separate them or should I just keep them apart in their own set ups?

Thanks All

Old 09-29-2005, 01:49 PM   #2
Roy Munson
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbacker65
I have been keeping boa's for a few years and decided to get a pair of Okeetee corns from a breeder in Florida. A friend of mine has two and they are beautiful animals.
I know with boa's one snake per cage (except breeding time of course) is the general rule. Is this the case with corn snakes? I have a 20 gallon tank with aspen bedding and heat on one side. Can I raise them up together or is it best to keep this male and female apart until I decide to breed them?
Can I keep them together for a short time and then separate them or should I just keep them apart in their own set ups?

Thanks All
Welcome. Just as with your boas, keep all corns separate except at breeding time. Good luck!

Old 09-29-2005, 05:07 PM   #3
dbacker65
Thanks. I see Rich Z is part of this forum. I bought my 2 new corns from him. These are little beauties, I will have to post some pics soon after I snap them.

Old 09-29-2005, 05:25 PM   #4
Bobo's Mama
Hi and welcome to the forums Rich Z is not only a part of this forum, he runs it! He's a great guy and often chimes in on discussions to add his own experienced 2 cents. Good luck with your snakes. If you got them from him, I'm sure you won't have any problems.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google