CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > New Member Introductions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

New Member Introductions Getting more and more new members here, so I think we need a forum for them to introduce themselves. You old timers can do the same, if you would like.

Charlie and Me

Old 08-27-2011, 09:44 PM   #1
MrCharles
Talking Charlie and Me

Hello! I hail from Pittsburgh PA and this is my new friend Charlie. New to snakes, Mr Charles, affectionately called Charlie, is my second reptile friend. I welcomed him into my life yesterday, and I'm very excited to have him. He seems to be about two feet long maybe? It's hard to try and measure him, he doesn't like to be straight. Having a curious personality, Charlie decided to wind himself up around and inside the folding mechanism of my futon today. I was freaking out waiting for him to come out, only to have him look at me like, dude, wtf you freakin about? I didn't expect he would be able to slip inside of there, so when he was checking it out I figured he would move right along. I learned to be real careful about where he wants to poke his nose now. Besides giving me a borderline heart attack, I love my little Charlie already, and look forward to having some good times together. I'm not sure what "type" of coloration pattern he has, but I think he's adorable

Old 08-27-2011, 10:01 PM   #2
Christen
He is handsome. He looks like a butter. Where did you get him?

Old 08-27-2011, 10:57 PM   #3
MrCharles
I forget to be honest, it's a little mom and pop pet store that actually takes very good care of their pets. Their bearded dragon babies actually looked happy, lively, and not morbidly skinny. I almost got a snake from the Petco close by but they're bearded dragons are in terrible condition so I assumed their other reptiles might be too. (I have a bearded dragon also).

Random question, can you have them out for too long? He was hanging with me for a few hours, he curled up in my pocket for a while

Old 08-28-2011, 12:27 AM   #4
Christen
Does he look yellow like the snake in my avatar? She is a butter.

For the first few days you want pretty much no handling, this allows him time to get use to his new home. But I really think the amount of holding depends on you and the snake. Some do like to just sit with you and chill, where the others are happy with little to no handling.

Old 08-28-2011, 01:09 AM   #5
Rdoyle
Welcome to the group. This place is great for cornsnakes. I had a breadie also. I gave him to a better home.

Old 08-28-2011, 12:50 PM   #6
atmox
Welcome!
If he ever bites you please film it and name it "Charlie bit my finger" xD

Old 08-28-2011, 01:10 PM   #7
crotalis40741
Congrats and welcome, I lived in your area for a few years. Some in the Monroeville area some in the North Huntingdon area. Man I could go for some Dirty Vinny's Pizza.

Old 08-28-2011, 03:17 PM   #8
grankin01
Very pretty! I was thinking butter also but I am terrible with morphs.

Welcome to the forum!

Old 08-28-2011, 08:01 PM   #9
Caryl
Welcome to you and Charlie! He's a lovely butter boy.

Old 08-29-2011, 03:15 AM   #10
wildlifephotographer
Welcome to the forums and to the beautiful butter corn Charlie! Corns are great pets.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google