CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Photography Techniques and Equipment
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Photography Techniques and Equipment This forum is for the discussion of technical details of how to take good pictures as well as discuss the equipment used in that pursuit.

Slithering Subjects

Old 01-14-2011, 01:06 PM   #11
Karoni
Thanks, Jorge. I really appreciate your response! I love your avatar. Do you guys ever notice that digital photos often are not quite SHARP? It seems there's always a little fuzziness.

Old 01-14-2011, 05:25 PM   #12
Snakehead
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karoni View Post
Thanks, Jorge. I really appreciate your response! I love your avatar. Do you guys ever notice that digital photos often are not quite SHARP? It seems there's always a little fuzziness.
You know you may be right? Or maybe it's just that you really need to know what your doing with the regular cameras, like a 35 mm. When I crop a photo is when I notice if it is a little fuzzy. That one of the snake in the orange tree is a tad bit fuzzy but I have taken some which I was able to zoom in a lot and still stayed crisp. I really suck with cameras that's why I love my digital one, it does all the work for me. I just hold the button and it focuses then I press it all the way down to take the shot. I would say which ever you end up getting, get to know it very well. I still have fits trying to take certain pictures when the flash seems to wash out the colors or certain colors don't look true. I've still got a lot to learn, but I'm having too much fun taking all these pictures, lol.

Old 09-16-2011, 07:35 PM   #13
yay4amy
What Morph is the last snake in the pic! Gorgeous!!

Old 09-16-2011, 07:49 PM   #14
Nanci
Normal, Okeetee phase.

Old 09-18-2011, 12:12 AM   #15
EddieA
This is my setup. Not sure why, but mine just seem to do well. The props aren't just for looks though. It gives them something to explore...

http://www.cornsnakes.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=113063

Old 09-27-2011, 04:33 AM   #16
Hexadeci
The trick of covering the snake seemed to work pretty well for me. Pictures still came out of focus, but that's just me and my digital camera I suppose.

However, for the uncovering trick, might I recommend not doing it more than say, 3 times a session? By the third time around, my little hatchling wised up. When I removed the hide (just to take him back home, no camera in hand even), he sprang up and did the cobra face ("Ah hah! I am ready for you this time, evil camera stealing my image!"). He's since avoided his floor-less hides in favor of the tubes. Wonder how long before he trusts floor-less hides again?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google