CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > New Member Introductions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

New Member Introductions Getting more and more new members here, so I think we need a forum for them to introduce themselves. You old timers can do the same, if you would like.

New to snakes from AZ!

Old 11-11-2013, 02:13 PM   #11
HoneyHawthorne
Quote:
Originally Posted by kathylove View Post
I wanted to let you know that there will be a reptile expo in Mesa this weekend. I will be a vendor, and it might be a chance to meet other area herp keepers, too. And whether you already bought your snake or not, there will probably be good deals on supplies and frozen mice, too. Check it out: http://phxreptileexpo.com/
I am so glad you said that! I think I will check them out this weekend and hold off purchasing a snake until then.

Old 11-11-2013, 02:33 PM   #12
Christen
Welcome fellow Arizonian!

Old 11-11-2013, 02:41 PM   #13
MysticExotics
Welcome to the forum! You're lucky in that you get to meet Kathy Love in person!!

Old 11-11-2013, 04:03 PM   #14
HoneyHawthorne
Quote:
Originally Posted by diamondlil View Post
A UTH on a proportional thermostat set to 80 degrees will do the trick. You'll not have to worry about the snake getting burns as it will propabaly be turning itself off most of the time with your ambient temps and the thermostat will keep it in safe range when it is on.
One thing to remember is that thermostats can and do fail, usually in the 'on' position, so a digital thermometer set to alarm at high temps is a good investment
Thank you! That sounds like a very good idea. Any particular kinds of UTHs you prefer?

Old 11-11-2013, 04:29 PM   #15
Joba
Yeah, the Mesa show is the best one, too. I really enjoyed it last year and am going again this year. You should certainly be able to find a baby there.

And, whichever kind of UTH you get, you might wrap it in the shiny, silvery duct tape so that you can remove it later and re-use it when your snakes moves to a bigger tank.

Old 11-11-2013, 06:38 PM   #16
MACS76
Welcome from Tucson area. Planning to attend the Mesa Expo too. This is a great site and everyone has been very helpful and caring.

Old 11-22-2013, 04:25 AM   #17
smigon
Welcome from another Phoenician! There is a group of us in the east valley that orders mice together, thus saving on shipping and, if you don't need so many of one size, you can split orders. http://www.cornsnakes.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=133650 is our most recent thread, we have already gotten them for this month, but post whatever you want when you need them and we will get you in for the next order.

Have you gotten your baby yet? I would definitely buy from one of the breeders here, great selections and great people! Welcome!

Old 11-22-2013, 09:50 AM   #18
HoneyHawthorne
Smile

Thank you for the warm welcome everyone ^.^

Quote:
Originally Posted by smigon View Post
Welcome from another Phoenician! There is a group of us in the east valley that orders mice together, thus saving on shipping and, if you don't need so many of one size, you can split orders. http://www.cornsnakes.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=133650 is our most recent thread, we have already gotten them for this month, but post whatever you want when you need them and we will get you in for the next order.

Have you gotten your baby yet? I would definitely buy from one of the breeders here, great selections and great people! Welcome!
Thank you for the warm welcome! I am in the West Valley, but the drive would be worth it! ^.^ I've already bought enough mice to last six months or so, but that is great to know.

My baby arrived Tuesday and I got him from Michelle's Candied Corns who I found on here! ^.^ He is such a sweetie. Once I can handle him (Monday) I was going to put up some pictures.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google