CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > New Member Introductions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

New Member Introductions Getting more and more new members here, so I think we need a forum for them to introduce themselves. You old timers can do the same, if you would like.

New member!

Old 08-31-2015, 10:50 PM   #1
Stephspillz
Talking New member!

Hello everyone. New member here. I just got my first Corn Snake about a week and a half ago. I have spent time on the forum doing a lot of research and reading other folks questions and it has been very helpful!
My little snake has eaten twice already no problem and seems happy! Already taming down a lot as well.
I am thinking the snake is a female. But this is just from looking at the snakes tail area to try and tell. Which I know is not great. His/Her tail tapers off rather fast after the vent. So I am calling her Sophie until I can take her in to get probed or popped.

Also if anyone has ideas of what Morph she is I would love to know more about her! Looks like a normal type but I am inexperienced!
I will try to add some attachments.
Name:  snake1.jpg
Views: 58
Size:  34.6 KB

Name:  snake2.jpg
Views: 60
Size:  28.6 KB

Name:  snake.jpg
Views: 59
Size:  24.3 KB

Old 09-01-2015, 12:36 AM   #2
hypnoctopus
Welcome to the forum! She's very pretty. She looks like a hypo to me.

Old 09-01-2015, 12:50 AM   #3
Tavia
Hello and welcome neighbor! (sort of)
Agreed, Sophie is is definitely some type of hypo. Very pretty baby!

Old 09-01-2015, 01:18 AM   #4
Stephspillz
Thank you! They just had her labeled as "fancy orange corn snake" at the pet store. Which really didn't give me much. Not sure of age either :/ But they had her about 2 1/2 months according to the feeding chart I got.

@Tavia, I was born there in Pocatello actually. That's pretty cool. I am your northern neighbor now lol.

Old 09-01-2015, 08:01 AM   #5
kdickens
Howdy!

Welcome! Very pretty snake. Looks very healthy too. Enjoy your new friend!

Old 09-01-2015, 09:39 AM   #6
Dragonling
Heya, welcome!

The reduced black on the belly checkers and saddle borders do scream "hypo" of some sort, likely hypo A. Many big box pet stores (and often even smaller ones) don't like messing with morph names for some reason. I know PetSmart and a few other local stores sell "fancies" and "assorteds." Oddly enough, when they order wholesale they do specify how many of each individual morph they want, including quite a number of hypos.

What ever she is, she's lovely.

Old 09-01-2015, 12:03 PM   #7
Tavia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephspillz View Post
Thank you! They just had her labeled as "fancy orange corn snake" at the pet store. Which really didn't give me much. Not sure of age either :/ But they had her about 2 1/2 months according to the feeding chart I got.

@Tavia, I was born there in Pocatello actually. That's pretty cool. I am your northern neighbor now lol.
LOL! That is funny!

Old 09-01-2015, 05:41 PM   #8
DollysMom
Very pretty snake. Congrats and welcome to the forum!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google