CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > New Member Introductions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

New Member Introductions Getting more and more new members here, so I think we need a forum for them to introduce themselves. You old timers can do the same, if you would like.

hey

Old 11-18-2013, 07:19 PM   #1
soul embrace
hey

i'm new her and new to snakes. i bought my corn snake saturday at petco and have him in a 29 gallon tank. here is a few pictures of my set up and a few pictures of my corn snake. be great f you can tell me if i need anything else or have to much stuff in there and also what kind of morph he/she is.

this one isn't the best picture but wanted to get the diamond shape on his/her head.

looking forward to learning more about raising corn snakes here

Old 11-18-2013, 07:34 PM   #2
TheFrogman
Looks pretty good, Im fairly new to Corns as well but what I have learned from here so far is this;Temp/humidity is key

And all that height may be a waste as Corns like to feel confined and wont use all that height but it looks like you have everything there. Hides, heat, water and a jungle Jim with aspen substrate. You have a beautiful snake there. Good luck with him.

Old 11-18-2013, 07:50 PM   #3
soul embrace
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFrogman View Post
Looks pretty good, Im fairly new to Corns as well but what I have learned from here so far is this;Temp/humidity is key

And all that height may be a waste as Corns like to feel confined and wont use all that height but it looks like you have everything there. Hides, heat, water and a jungle Jim with aspen substrate. You have a beautiful snake there. Good luck with him.
it was an aquarium that i already had that was empty so i used it and all the stuff besides the aspen has used in a gecko tank which is what used to be in this tank. right now the snakes favorite thing is hide in the fake leaves up top.

temp is good have the thermostat set to 85 for the hot side and the humidity has been sitting at 70% since saturday without any misting. i live in alabama and it's pretty humid here. with the gecko tank the humidity when from 30/40% to almost 80% at times in my house

one question with the probe of my hydro digital thermostat to i put the probe all the way to the glass on the bottom of the tank or half way in the aspen or right at the substrate?

Old 11-18-2013, 07:53 PM   #4
Xerneas
Put it directly under the substrate onto the glass.

Old 11-18-2013, 07:55 PM   #5
TheFrogman
Quote:
Originally Posted by soul embrace View Post
it was an aquarium that i already had that was empty so i used it and all the stuff besides the aspen has used in a gecko tank which is what used to be in this tank. right now the snakes favorite thing is hide in the fake leaves up top.

temp is good have the thermostat set to 85 for the hot side and the humidity has been sitting at 70% since saturday without any misting. i live in alabama and it's pretty humid here. with the gecko tank the humidity when from 30/40% to almost 80% at times in my house

one question with the probe of my hydro digital thermostat to i put the probe all the way to the glass on the bottom of the tank or half way in the aspen or right at the substrate?
I hear you, I'm doing the same, I'm using what I had onboard until he grows. I have been told to place the probe all the way against the glass and then an inch or two of Aspen on top,

I have my probe suction cupped to the glass directly in the center of the pad and against the glass.

Old 11-18-2013, 07:58 PM   #6
soul embrace
That's how I have it pretty much center of the pad and the under the aspen almost to hint the bottum of the aquriam

Old 11-18-2013, 07:59 PM   #7
TheFrogman
I'm not the expert here but It sounds like you have it the way it needs to be.

Old 11-18-2013, 08:32 PM   #8
Alicia P
It looks good. I would get a background of some sort though. It will make the tank seem a little more cozy for your snake. Even just black poster board would work.

Based on what I am seeing on my computer screen I am going to say you have a nice looking little classic (normal) baby corn

Old 11-18-2013, 09:04 PM   #9
soul embrace
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alicia P View Post
It looks good. I would get a background of some sort though. It will make the tank seem a little more cozy for your snake. Even just black poster board would work.

Based on what I am seeing on my computer screen I am going to say you have a nice looking little classic (normal) baby corn
Ok thanks will get a background for it soon then or do the poster board

Old 11-19-2013, 06:31 PM   #10
Tavia
Hello and welcome! Cute snake!
Does it have any orange or yellowish colors between the saddles? From the first picture, I'd have said it was an Anery but in the second one I'm seeing what might be a bit of orange on the head and between the first few saddles on its neck. If so, it's a little normal or also called Classic, will probably have very nice borders if the color in just starting to come in too.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google